Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

roonst83

So now Delph's injured as well?

We have the worst **** luck.

It really isn't anything to do with luck.

How so? We have very little control over who gets injured.

I guess it exposes our severe lack of depth and quality in the squad, this is barely a mid table championship team, we should never be in a position like this. Of course, injuries are largely luck based but when they come so regularly towards the end of a long season, I think it's fair to question training methods and how heavy they are training. 

In games like this I would rather see Robinson and Grealish get runs than have Bowery/Holt in the squad. Gardner get injured again or has he been shipped out already? Give some youth a go. At least they have potential.

• Like 1

I usually get on Lambert about his team selections but there's very few combinations that would make me happy today.

Just claw out a win and start looking to next season. Any way will do, just get 3 points on the board.

• Like 2

Well, all I can say is that people have been wanting to see Bennett and Albrighton in a 442 (some people, very occasionally). Shame the balls are into Holt and not Benteke. Bowery>Helenius is a joke surely...

On the plus side, the Fulham team is pretty dire too. 1-1.

I would guess Helenius in either injured or really struggling for fitness. Certainly no one seems to know any different, so we I certainly don't think it can be assumed he's available. 

• Like 1

Bertand, Bennett, Baker, Clark and Bacuna have all player left back and can quite easily do a job there.

So why the **** has Lambert wasted a bench place on Luna in oppose to someone like Helenius or Graham?? Losing my patience with this guy.

This team is the gashest XI I personally have ever seen for Villa. Will need a bad game even by Fulham's standards to get anything from this one.

Regardless of 3 or 4 injuries , we are a PL club yet we have a manager insistant on buying lower league jumble sale items. Jordan farkin Bowery back on the bench ! WTF is that all about !

3 or 4 injuries? More like 7, and most of those are important players.

• Like 3

Herd still not 'up to' playing yet?

Has he ever?

Seen nothing to suggest he's premiership standard a lot like half our squad playing today

Wish i could make a career for myself masquerading as a premiership footballer

In games like this I would rather see Robinson and Grealish get runs than have Bowery/Holt in the squad. Gardner get injured again or has he been shipped out already? Give some youth a go. At least they have potential.

Yes Gardner is injured. I'm not sure Grealish could be recalled at this stage of the season either. And Bowery has to still be considered a youth, doesn't he? He's only 22, and he's on the bench exactly the same as Robinson.