Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Has Lowton gone? I know there were the rumors about a loan out but I didn't think it had happened (yet). I'd like to keep him around in hopes his first season form shows back up. 

Fairpoints lads im just not impressed weve gone full circle back to where we were when lambert joined i am not impressed by tge whole club what a waste of time lambert shouldhave just used what players he had then he bombed bomb squad out bought youth now hes bombedhisown signings out if that dosnt admit hes fking cluelessi dont kbow what does.lambert has bombed out helenius tonev sylla luna lowton bennet at the start they are all his shite signings lambety is a clueless individual of the highest order.

I think I agree with some of your points at least, but it would be useful if you could use full stops and capitals.

Anyone else concerned we have loaned steer lowton and luna out on loan with no sign of replacements i really fear for us. Great signings the 3 i mentioned well done lambert you total muppet

Whilst I don't necessarily think they'll make us a much improved side, we've already replace those three with Richardson and Hutton/Given back in the fold...

Given, Hutton and Richardson are better than Steer, Lowton and Luna, so I am ok with that. Just a pity it took so long to realise his strategy was wrong.

Not sure what's been discussed in this thread regarding Sinclair, but my mate is a Man City season ticket holder and he says that we are looking at getting Sinclair on a season long loan with the option to buy him in January for £3mil. We've also asked about Rodwell but that appears to be a complete non-mover.

The stumbling block for both those players was that Man City have to meet a quota for English players in their Champions League team which they are close to not getting if the likes of the departed Lescott, Richards, Rodwell and Sinclair leave

Fairpoints lads im just not impressed weve gone full circle back to where we were when lambert joined i am not impressed by tge whole club what a waste of time lambert shouldhave just used what players he had then he bombed bomb squad out bought youth now hes bombedhisown signings out if that dosnt admit hes fking cluelessi dont kbow what does.lambert has bombed out helenius tonev sylla luna lowton bennet at the start they are all his shite signings lambety is a clueless individual of the highest order.

"Fair points, lads. I'm just not impressed. We've gone full circle, back to where we were when Lambert joined. I am not impressed by the whole club. What a waste of time! Lambert should have just used what players he had! Then he bombed Bomb Squad out, bought youth -- now he's bombed his own signings out! If that doesn't admit he's f***king clueless I don't know what does! Lambert has bombed out Helenius, Tonev, Sylla, Luna, Lowton, Bennett at the start. They are all his shite signings. Lambert is a clueless individual of the highest order."

I still don't agree with it but at least it's easier to read.

• Like 2

I would say he'd look more clueless if he kept all his signings that didn't work and continued to ignore the bomb squad when he's been given permission to now use it.

Sometimes managers make bad signings. If they can realise this and move them on then I think that shows signs of a good manager. I think we've got a better younger squad on lower wages than we did when Lambert joined us so I wouldn't say we've gone full circle. It's now off the field issues, as it always has been, but these are different off field issues now

Edited by skarroki

Not sure what a feel good signing would be in our budget range....even if we spent 5m on a player

It should be though. I can't see any other reason than Lerner withholding funds as to why we can't sign a decent player or two.