Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Seems like what Merson said was right, although didnt expect it this soon myself, what a buy this would be though, great playmaker and set-pieces, could finally see some corner goals this year! hopefully what mers said about the takeover is right now

i'd just settle for him being right about this.cracking signing and maybe we are going to have an ok season.apart from senderos i think we've done good business if we land him.quietly optimistic for the season if this is true.

• Like 1

I'm sure I read somewhere that he sold a property in Korea for 20 million. So maybe he won't be as greedy

with his wage demands. Also apparently he's on the last year of his Swansea contract so we wouldn't be able to get him on loan.

Seems like what Merson said was right, although didnt expect it this soon myself, what a buy this would be though, great playmaker and set-pieces, could finally see some corner goals this year! hopefully what mers said about the takeover is right now

Ki isn't really a playmaker or a set piece taker. Hopefully we can bring in Kiyotake for that.

Would love this to be true. He's exactly what we need.

Ki isn't really a playmaker or a set piece taker. Hopefully we can bring in Kiyotake for that.

He's not a playmaker but he does take very good free kicks.

Ki is a confusing signing for me. Great player but where have we got the money to sign him? Surely £5m at least?

Well Lerner has given Lambert 10-15m every summer window hasn't he?

I guess he's just doing the same again. But I guess Lambert will try and sign 3 key players with that money instead of 8 gambles. 

• Like 3

What did Merson say? 

Apparently the take over is done but they are holding off announcing it until the window closes. 

I think it's far more likely that Lerner is just giving Lambert the usual transfer budget.

• Like 2

What did Merson say? 

Apparently the take over is done but they are holding off announcing it until the window closes. 

I think it's far more likely that Lerner is just giving Lambert the usual transfer budget.

Its in the other thread but i stated in this one a few nights ago that merson had said we'd be making a money signing around two weeks but this has happened quicker, but in terms of buying us, he said we're bought and will be announced in sept. 

• Like 1

Kiyotake is dreadful

What did Merson say?

Its in the other thread but i stated in this one a few nights ago that merson had said we'd be making a money signing around two weeks but this has happened quicker, but in terms of buying us, he said we're bought and will be announced in sept.

Its funny because I heard exactly the same type of rumour where we did our buisness before we announced we were sold so prices wasnt inflated etc and it was off somebody from Villa and this person would have no need to lie.

I posted the info 16th June Takeover Thread

Edited by midian
  • Like 1

Assuming Ki deal is completed. Lambert has done well with the financial restrictions in place. What else will we need? We have a new left back.. CB cover and a decent holding midfielder in Ki.

I would like to see Young on loan and Cambiasso come in. With only Ki has our money signing (3-4 million) its not unrealstic. Sales of Bent Hutton Luna to help finance some of the wages.

At full strength we line up like this.

-------------------Guzan-----------------------

Lowton------Vlaar---Okore----Richardson

---------------Ki--------Cambiasso-----------

--------------------Delph----------------------

Wiemann---------------------------Young

-----------------Benteke-------------------

With Cole and Gabby coming on.. plus Kozak to win us games. We could have quite a handy squad which will help us stay up until we get bought out.

Could even switch to a 3-4-3 with Senderos in a back three with Richarson and Bacuna as the wing backs.

Interesting. Doubt we will bring in Cambiasso but if we can bring another firm defensive midfielder. We may go okay.

I'm sure I read somewhere that he sold a property in Korea for 20 million. So maybe he won't be as greedy

with his wage demands.

I wouldn't read to much into that. My monthly wage was over 2 million out there.

• Like 1