Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Anybody think its likely that although Lambert won't be given much in terms of transfer fees, its possible that Randy will allow some more expensive free signings because he expects that he won't be picking up most of the bill?

• Like 1

I don't think its in Lerners interests to leave things as they are. A blind man with minimal footballing nous can see this club needs major cash thrown at it, so why make things worse?

Players like Barry and Lescott coming in on frees would be very good business and IF they do sign, then it could be deemed as positive towards our immediate future ownership as I cannot imagine either player signing if the club were truly in limbo with no buyers interested.

I suppose it'll be another wait and see job!!!! Villa fans are certainly learning about patience!

Anybody think its likely that although Lambert won't be given much in terms of transfer fees, its possible that Randy will allow some more expensive free signings because he expects that he won't be picking up most of the bill?

It's impossible to tell what's going on in Lerner's clearly eccentric mind and I don't think trying to speculate using logic really works when it comes to trying to second guess him!

You would think that common sense dictates he makes reasonable funds available (or increases the wage limit to accommodate some decent frees and loans), even if it's just to protect his investment pre-sale.

We could have a pretty decent side next year without spending a penny on actual transfer fees, but not if we can't offer more than 15-20k a week.

I think it will become clear by early July, if a takeover isn't on the horizon it will be interesting to see what he does give Lambert.

In any event, I think Barry and Lescott would be good additions to the squad.

This is going to be a depressive window isnt it?

Shame we couldnt keep albrighton, he looked decent when he started playing a bit more in the end. Think we can forget about lescott or anyone that wants more than 10k a week

Shame we couldnt keep albrighton, he looked decent when he started playing a bit more in the end. Think we can forget about lescott or anyone that wants more than 10k a week

If it's true that he only wants £45k we'd be fools not to go for Lescott on a free transfer. Would be a really solid signing in a vitally important position and the cost to the club would be relatively little. By most account that's less than Gabby is on and similar to Delph and Lescott is a more established player, and a Villa fan to boot.

If it's true that he only wants £45k we'd be fools not to go for Lescott on a free transfer. Would be a really solid signing in a vitally important position and the cost to the club would be relatively little. By most account that's less than Gabby is on and similar to Delph and Lescott is a more established player, and a Villa fan to boot.

I doubt Lescott will come as wasn't he warned stay away from West Midlands when he had his kneecaps shattered by members of Johnson Brothers gang along with Matt Murray.. He left as soon as he could play again to Everton.

Couple my Wolves supporting mates have said ''Been warned to stay away from West Midlands'' for good.

I doubt Lescott will come as wasn't he warned stay away from West Midlands when he had his kneecaps shattered by members of Johnson Brothers gang along with Matt Murray.. He left as soon as he could play again to Everton.

Couple my Wolves supporting mates have said ''Been warned to stay away from West Midlands'' for good.

complete myth!

Lescott, Barry on frees. Nzog back, Kozak back, Okore back, Benteke soon and the westwoods etc, motivated would to me not be a bad team. Certainly a team to keep out the relegation zone. I would be trying everything to get Barry back, would impress us fans and would be a great motivator for the other players.

• Like 1

Total bolox about the Johnson crew

Johnson Crew are nothing to do with Johnson Brothers!!

Johnson Crew are from Lozells way!! Johnson Brothers Wolves...

It actually happened, it's not a myth.. Hence why Lescott & Murray both got over season out after finishing play off final and mystery knee injuries in pre season and both out with Murray his career was finished.

Edited by Villan4Life

Wheres the 72 million in tv money going if not towards  new players?

Mr. Lerner's pocket. Can't blame him for looking to recoup as much as possible from the club now that it is clear that he is selling I suppose.

Geez I see bollocks in here he has never pocketed money and we have been a loss making club under him the whole time till now there is 20 to 25 million free in next years budget for players/wages without him losing money

Geez I see bollocks in here he has never pocketed money and we have been a loss making club under him the whole time till now there is 20 to 25 million free in next years budget for players/wages without him losing money

Are you still a believer in the project? Has it not hit home this cost cutting and gambling of the clubs premiership status was so a billionaire could minimise his losses?

Deals for players are being agreed by clubs now prior to the World Cup. Each day that we go without a takeover will make it more difficult for us to make the changes we need to make for next season. If we have any sort of budget for even loan signings we need to be acting now but it looks like everything is on hold pending a deal that may or may not come before the close of this window.  

Lescott, Barry on frees. Nzog back, Kozak back, Okore back, Benteke soon and the westwoods etc, motivated would to me not be a bad team. Certainly a team to keep out the relegation zone. I would be trying everything to get Barry back, would impress us fans and would be a great motivator for the other players.

People seem to be presuming that Barry wouldn't return to Everton if he's going anywhere for free. Don't really understand why. They can afford his wages, he knows the setup there as he was a part of it last season and would get European football... 

I understand Barry wanted to come back here last season dnmacf but we would not pay the wages and Everton would as was the case with Lukaku. I think if we would match his wage demands then he might be left with a 50/50 decision to make between us but Everton may not be the only club that want him now and I think wages remain an issue for us.   

Anyone thinking under the present circumstances that we're going to paying the type of wages to attract players of the calibre of Barry and Lescott are living in cloud cuckoo land.

We'll probably get someone like Hoolahan in who wouldn't be a bad signing at all and maybe a loan if his club is prepared to pay most of the wages.