True Detective *May Contain Spoilers*

dAVe80

There was one line in the last episode that actually made my girlfriend and me properly laugh out loud... I can't for the life of me remember what it was but I'm definitely not sitting through that episode again to find out!

I have been very disappointed with some of the dialogue this season, I must say. Some really cheesy stuff.

I actually would agree with this, despite the fact I have really enjoyed this 2nd season. Some of the dialogue, not much, but enough to notice, has been a bit cringeworthy. Some of the lines Vince and his missus have had particularly, and Mcadams.

But overall, still very good. Looking forward to tonights episode.

Am I the only one who thought it was a really good episode.... *Takes cover

I enjoyed it, but then I've like it all so far. Yes, it's not as good as the first series, but that was spectacular in places, so it was going to be very hard for it to match up. 

I did, ticking along nicely. Some seem to find it confusing which itself i find confusing.

If the first season didn't exist or people watched this before that, it wouldn't nearly be getting as much grief.

I enjoyed it, but then I've like it all so far. Yes, it's not as good as the first series, but that was spectacular in places, so it was going to be very hard for it to match up. 

Thanks Dave I've liked it all as well.  :wub:

• Like 1

Nothing particularly bad about this episode, it was just really, really, really boooooring. It just doesn't seem like a story worth telling. At all.

I'm noticing a few people saying that the only reason some of us don't like it is because the first season was so good and this doesn't compare. Personally, it has nothing to do with how I felt about the first season. I just don't like it because it's shit!

• Like 1

I did, ticking along nicely. Some seem to find it confusing which itself i find confusing.

If the first season didn't exist or people watched this before that, it wouldn't nearly be getting as much grief.

If the first season didn't exist this probably wouldn't have been commissioned.

I really wanted to like this but its not good.

• Like 1

I think it can be confusing, lots of characters, most of them underdeveloped and with not a lot of screen time, a story that tries it's hardest to be convoluted to appear deeper than it actually is and then dialogue that is often grumbled

Series 1 was exactly the same, it's more geared towards a binge watch IMO

I enjoyed it.

But I've enjoyed the whole season so far to be fair.

Farrell continues to be particularly excellent.

I enjoyed it.

Ah he's fantastic.

I enjoyed it.

Me too.

I'm very much in the 'enjoying all of series 2' camp. Vaughn has stepped up to the plate imo.

Really enjoyed last weeks episode ending with the shoot out but then watching this weeks it was like we had missed an episode.

I am beginning to think when we get to the end I wont understand the answer.

• 2 weeks later...
Â