True Detective *May Contain Spoilers*

dAVe80

Independent of the first season, this is a bit crap so far. Trying too hard maybe? I don't know but it's just not doing it for me. Cliche-ridden, some terrible dialogue and a mystery that it's hard to give a shit about. Will stick with it in the hope it picks up, though.

At least it raised a laugh this week... "Smells like piss" :D.

• Like 1

Loving this season as much as the first (though it would benefit from a Mcconaughey, obviously). Vaughn coming into his own now, for me.

Not fully sure what's going on with the storyline though. I just think the way this is shot is really good. Even though the plot arc is hard to follow, the acting and production make it quite gripping, for me anyway.

Yeah I thought that's the way it would end too Folski :)

As for the episode and the series.  I thought it was definitely Vaughn's best episode.  I still think it has yet to hit top speed but the story arcs are beginning to come together so I expect big things from episode 4.  I do think JB might be right though.  It's possible for a series to try too hard even if it doesn't completely fail in the process.  I think this series has so far had ever-so-slight delusions of grandeur based on the success of the first one. Whether it justifies them or not remains to be seen, but I think I'm going to enjoy it regardless.

Oh and going back to no-one criticising Rachel ... I thought this was her weakest episode :(

Yeah I thought that's the way it would end too Folski :)

As for the episode and the series.  I thought it was definitely Vaughn's best episode.  I still think it has yet to hit top speed but the story arcs are beginning to come together so I expect big things from episode 4.  I do think JB might be right though.  It's possible for a series to try too hard even if it doesn't completely fail in the process.  I think this series has so far had ever-so-slight delusions of grandeur based on the success of the first one. Whether it justifies them or not remains to be seen, but I think I'm going to enjoy it regardless.

Oh and going back to no-one criticising Rachel ... I thought this was her weakest episode :(

Yes, no walking around in her knickers.

Looking objectively, I think Vincent has been quite good. He's got stronger episode on episode, imo. Maybe it's more to do with our preconceptions of the man.

Entertaining enough. *That* scene from season one was also episode four, but nowhere near to that level. I felt as if it tried to mask a pretty poor episode, though. Not buying this season at all. 

I'm writing it off as shit already. It will have to completely change in the remaining episodes for me to think otherwise. Unless I missed something then pretty much nothing happened (until the end, obviously). It's boring, convoluted and at times unintentionally hilarious.

Oh and Vince Vaughan will always be Wes Mantooth.

Â