True Detective *May Contain Spoilers*

dAVe80

I really don't think they do a very good job of explaining what the story is, who the characters were and what everyone's intentions are. 

They were talking about people in the finale yesterday and I was thinking to myself "who are they talking about?, and what did he do?"

I'm sure they did explain it somewhere but it just got lost in everything else.

It can't hold a candle to the first series, and I'm really not so sure they should make another.

The characters were boring, the story was boring, the setting was boring. It just didn't have that bit of magic the first series had. 

Edited by PieFacE

It really picked up towards the end.  I'd say it's still worth watching, it's just a shame that the first season was such a tough act to follow. 

It really picked up towards the end.  I'd say it's still worth watching, it's just a shame that the first season was such a tough act to follow. 

Yeah this. The last 3 episodes were really good.

I really don't think they do a very good job of explaining what the story is, who the characters were and what everyone's intentions are. 

They were talking about people in the finale yesterday and I was thinking to myself "who are they talking about?, and what did he do?"

I'm sure they did explain it somewhere but it just got lost in everything else.

It can't hold a candle to the first series, and I'm really not so sure they should make another.

The characters were boring, the story was boring, the setting was boring. It just didn't have that bit of magic the first series had. 

I agree with this. I don't think the story was boring, and neither were the characters. it's just that they didn't do a very good job of making the story understandable, so it became very hard to follow and stay interested.

Again, I kept up with the story by reading summaries of the episodes that had gone by, so I really enjoyed the story.

But it shouldn't be up to your audience to invest time into recapping the story.

That was it's biggest fault, imo. It was overcomplicated. I like an complex story, but you shouldn't have to do all the work.

Last episode was a lot better than what preceded it. But it was still a 5/10 at best. Provided answers to questions I wasn't bothered about. The central murder mystery was an absolute joke. And the random Mexican drug gang.

Couple of good moments from Farrell, though and Vaughan was actually pretty good in this one at times. Another couple of big laughs as well. The barmaid's "Spanish" accent was hilarious!

Glad it's over so I don't have to keep watching in the hope that it might get better. The writer seems to have totally disappeared up his own arse.

Another couple of big laughs as well. The barmaid's "Spanish" accent was hilarious!

You mean the spanish speaking, born in Puerto Rico, half Cuban actress Yara Martinez?

I'm guessing her accent probably wasn't far off ;)

Haha I can't believe you bothered to look that up! I'd be interested to hear to her "real" voice because that certainly sounds like a put-on Spanish accent to me...

The scene where she's in the kitchen with Ani and says "How do you know Ray?" had all three of us watching here laughing. Even rewound it to listen to it again because it was so funny. One good thing about this season was that it passed the six laugh test!

Haha I can't believe you bothered to look that up! I'd be interested to hear to her "real" voice because that certainly sounds like a put-on Spanish accent to me...

The scene where she's in the kitchen with Ani and says "How do you know Ray?" had all three of us watching here laughing. Even rewound it to listen to it again because it was so funny. One good thing about this season was that it passed the six laugh test!

I knew she was latin, a quick google gave me the info, hardly taxing.

Could the problem be that it's not a spanish accent she's doing?

Alright, settle down - I'm only messing. It doesn't matter what accent she's doing (not that it's massively discernible from Spanish anyway) - whatever it is it's not very good.

Ok, I'm officially a sad word removed now:

Just typed her name into YouTube. American is her actual accent.

Anyway, this is probably the lamest/most pointless conversation either of us have ever had... Let's just move on and agree that I'm right :).

Haters gonna hate, I'm a hater. I'm usually not, guess im dissapointed. Wouldn't be hating this much if they gave the show another name to be honest.

They just threw a bunch of ideas, cliches, lets do a game of thrones and some uninspiring twists into the script and churned out a shitty soup and added some horrible casting on top.

Picked up a litle the last few episode, but the finale was very dissapointing.

The dialog between mr lol and his wife at the trainstation, bad acting. 

The walking through the desert part, bleeeeh.

The, hey there was two kids in the picture, we just solved the murder that made the show intresting in two random seconds. And the perpetrators were somone who didn't even remotely make a impression in any of the previous episodes(Guess I completely missed something in a previous episode).

When Ray got shot by the birdman, I was like; hey this might be intresting.

When they found the murder scene in the cabin, I was like; hey this might be intresting.
When Bezzirides started having flash backs, intresting.

But naaah. Just a half arsed gangster show.

Done with the hate. Colin Farrell did great, I liked the characther. Very impressed with the acting.

The other two cops did a good job as well! These three characthers got far more intresting as the show went along.

This could have been so good, got rushed, turned out shit.

Sorry for all the negativity.

Mediocre. But still better than most of the garbage on television.

The show was hamstrung by too many story lines, none of which were very compelling, and only really managed to confuse the viewer. The characters were all more or less unlikable, the dialogue was pretty lame at best,

laughably bad at it's worst. 

Farrell's fateful decision at the end was a total Heat ripoff. 

Meh

Â