True Detective *May Contain Spoilers*

dAVe80

I think that was just one of Cohle's hallucinations.

I thought that, but I'm sure he said it was different to when he hallucinates, and that he can tell when he's tripping out. 

I read an article/post somewhere which suggested the vortex thing at the end wasn't a hallucination. Something to do with Lovecraft and the Yellow King book.

I think that was just one of Cohle's hallucinations.

I thought that, but I'm sure he said it was different to when he hallucinates, and that he can tell when he's tripping out. 

I remember Cohle saying that to the two detectives interviewing him in 2012 can't remember whether it was said in relation to the bird spiral formation though.

I think it's likely that it was just meant as an hallucination though but left ambiguous on purpose to add to the overall dark tone of the show.

Having said that if you google image search 'murmuration' then you see that these things come out in all sorts of patterns so who knows.

Edited by useless

Just watched the last episode.

What a superb show. Brilliant stuff.

Loved the last episode, but I did think it felt a bit like a different show to the previous 7. I suppose that makes sense given its the only prolonged period we had in the present, but still.

Still great, but just felt different.

Episode 5 was the best, IMO. The one where he goes undercover with the biker gang. That was brilliantly shot

• Like 2

very good show though I think the reveal was a bit clichéd and like something out of Criminal Minds or something. Maybe could have given him a bit more depth in the end and what was with his accent changing. any way good show except for that and was brilliantly acted between 2 great actors

heard season 2 are looking for Brad Pitt to star

Yeah I've heard that, that essentially the seasons are going to be separate entities with new cast etc. I assume there'll be some overlap but they won't run into each other like a traditional show would.

• 2 weeks later...

Just hammered through these in the last few days, what an amazing show.  McConaughey made it for me,  His delivery was excellent and I couldn't help but agree with most of nihilistic views.  I could watch Marty and Rust exchange dialogue for hours.

To balance out my McConaughey man crush, can I also add, Lili Simmons!  Yes, just yes!..

Loved the last episode, but I did think it felt a bit like a different show to the previous 7. I suppose that makes sense given its the only prolonged period we had in the present, but still.

Episode 5 was the best, IMO. The one where he goes undercover with the biker gang. That was brilliantly shot

Pedant but that's episode four.  The last half hour of that episode was the most intense 30 minutes of TV I've ever seen.

I finished this last night having been watching it over the past week or so

I thought it was great , liked the relationship between the 2 characters , and the acting was top notch   ... but do feel they rushed the ending having taken all those episodes to build up to it

some top totty as well , the casting director must have had a field day  ....

Not sure i'd watch a second series with different actors playing the same characters ..better bet would be to start again with new characters 

.better bet would be to start again with new characters 

My understanding is that is what's happening.

ahh my bad ..I just saw the headline that said " Pitt to replace Matthew Mc  ? "and assumed it would therefore be the same characters

Absolutely loved this, up until the slightly disappointing final episode. The green paint clue that leads them to the (very cliched) killer and the dialogue in that whole scene is really, really cringeworthy. Particularly for such a well-written show.

Rust in particular is a fantastic character. It's a shame he won't be in the second series, which will have a really tough time living up to this one!

• Like 1

Just hammered through these in the last few days, what an amazing show.  McConaughey made it for me,  His delivery was excellent and I couldn't help but agree with most of nihilistic views.  I could watch Marty and Rust exchange dialogue for hours.

To balance out my McConaughey man crush, can I also add, Lili Simmons!  Yes, just yes!..

Pedant but that's episode four.  The last half hour of that episode was the most intense 30 minutes of TV I've ever seen.

Is that the one where it's Rust going undercover and taking part in the attack on the black neighbourhood which is one unbroken shot that lasts for about 10 minutes? That was insane and some of the best TV I've seen. You're right, it was intense and wonderfully choreographed and shot, I was in awe.

• Like 1

Is that the one where it's Rust going undercover and taking part in the attack on the black neighbourhood which is one unbroken shot that lasts for about 10 minutes? That was insane and some of the best TV I've seen. You're right, it was intense and wonderfully choreographed and shot, I was in awe.

The 20 minutes or so leading up to it with Rust in the club and Marty turning up and nearly blowing his cover was intense as hell too, but then that shot in the projects just took it off the scale.

• Like 1

Â