PompeyVillan

74 members have voted

1. 1. Do you enjoy your job?

• Yes, every minute of it.
    • Yes, mostly.
    • Sometimes.
    • Rarely
    • Never.

The work can be dull, some of the people/departments are complete crotchwombles (HR, Marketing, Directors) but I'm in a small team, we're all good friends and we have a good laugh. This morning, for example, my manager was recapping the meeting he had to go to yesterday which involved having to review a health leaflet on unprotected homosexual intercourse.

The work can be dull, some of the people/departments are complete crotchwombles (HR, Marketing, Directors) but I'm in a small team, we're all good friends and we have a good laugh. This morning, for example, my manager was recapping the meeting he had to go to yesterday which involved having to review a health leaflet on unprotected homosexual intercourse.

Meeting or appointment?

• Like 1

I like my job a lot, but it's tiresome having to deal with arseholes barking instructions all the time. Honestly sometimes I wonder how they managed to get a job at mission control.

Edit: This was a joke btw. Borderline mildly amusing if I say so myself.

Edited by CrackpotForeigner
  • Like 1

I like my job a lot, but it's tiresome having to deal with arseholes barking instructions all the time. Honestly sometimes I wonder how they managed to get a job at mission control.

Edit: This was a joke btw. Borderline mildly amusing if I say so myself.

Doesn't cross my border mate. :)

• Like 1

so glad I've quit. Since handing in my notice, they've introduced call recording / monitoring and the most absurd script to follow. Can't believe such a large company can be so brainless in thinking this is a good idea / anything either the customer or worker wants to endure. Fortunately, I have 6 working days to go, so I can afford to completely ignore this. Oh and they've also removed flexitime and resorted to fixed 9-5 again. Ok, most people have fixed patterns anyway, but when you have something much better and it's taken away for daft reasons, it's just another reason to question the sanity of management. 

• 1 month later...

so glad I've quit. Since handing in my notice, they've introduced call recording / monitoring and the most absurd script to follow. Can't believe such a large company can be so brainless in thinking this is a good idea / anything either the customer or worker wants to endure. Fortunately, I have 6 working days to go, so I can afford to completely ignore this. Oh and they've also removed flexitime and resorted to fixed 9-5 again. Ok, most people have fixed patterns anyway, but when you have something much better and it's taken away for daft reasons, it's just another reason to question the sanity of management. 

I've worked at helpdesk in ISP for what feels like an eternity, and I quit too after they've made several changes and I have just four days left. Good riddance.

I'd love to take a sabbatical and just doss around for a year or two. I've worked for 17 years straight (nothing compared to some of you) and I just want to do nothing for a long time.

• Like 1

I'd love to take a sabbatical and just doss around for a year or two. I've worked for 17 years straight (nothing compared to some of you) and I just want to do nothing for a long time.

Should become a teacher then  :ph34r: .

• Like 1

Did you quit with no job back up? Managed to find work since? The time is nearly upon me to quit, I'd love some time off, I do have a few interviews over the next few days though.

I'm a baker, I enjoy it when it isn't hot cross bun season. My workload is quartered and everyone gets on much better.

Edit: not quartered, reduced by a quarter

I wanted to quit my job as a baker.......

but I kneaded the dough

Fozzie.jpg

• Like 3

Did you quit with no job back up? Managed to find work since? The time is nearly upon me to quit, I'd love some time off, I do have a few interviews over the next few days though.
Yeah. I was applying for another option but aware it was high risk. I was able to save up a fair bit so I'm ok for now. Will have to start looking in a month or so. I just really needed the time off to reassess. I'm going to be 29 soon and will be having to reboot my plans but before that I'm going to enjoy life for a little bit! Again, acknowledging the fact i am lucky I'm able to use some savings but bugger it, emotional well being > house deposit this time :P Edited by Rodders

The work can be dull, some of the people/departments are complete crotchwombles (HR, Marketing, Directors) but I'm in a small team, we're all good friends and we have a good laugh. This morning, for example, my manager was recapping the meeting he had to go to yesterday which involved having to review a health leaflet on unprotected homosexual intercourse.

Sounds like a pain in the arse

Â