PompeyVillan

74 members have voted

1. 1. Do you enjoy your job?

• Yes, every minute of it.
    • Yes, mostly.
    • Sometimes.
    • Rarely
    • Never.

I get too many boos if I tell, so I'd rather not, sorry.

I think I should add that currently I feel like that, it hasn't always been so. I've been working for 20 years now, there's ups and downs for everyone, for me too. Maybe that's why I know to appreciate what I have now.

2645293-bryan-cranston-stars-as-walter-w

his name is "Tuco"

Coincidence?

I have to say I love it. It's challenging, I get to develope the substance and people, and my colleagues are very bearable. Most years it's difficult for me to use up all my holidays. Scary.

Hmmm this should be interesting.

So you develop some kind of substance... and people? But we may not like your line of work, but it hasn't always been like that? And it's worse than making drugs...

Something in science? I'm stumped.

I used to know people that did the old animal testing, I knew them (they were a couple, both did it) for about a year before they told me what they did. I am not daft, happy to use the products so didnt judge them. 

Do you enjoy your job?

Ignoring financial factors. Everyone is motivated by money to one extent or another, however, if you can to ignore how much you get paid and focus on how much you enjoy doing what you do when you answer.

I mostly enjoy my job. It's mostly good fun and challenging, sometimes it's amazing and rewarding, occasionally, it's stressful and hazardous.

Money doesnt motivate but it can be a demotivator

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Took a turn for the worse today - there is a serious ar$ehole at work, and unfortunately our office is just too small to escape him. It's a shame because I feel our office has been lucky the past few years with no divisive characters, it's doubly annoying by the fact that most people are passive enough to let him get away with it. Surely others must have the same experiences and techniques for dealing with it - it's one thing disliking your actual job, but seems so unnecessary to have the working environment spoiled by individuals.

Sorry to hear that Jonno. Working environment is very important, both for your well being and for your productivity. A small team with an a-hole in it can be a very stressful situation. You probably have let him (her) get his way so far, but seems like you have to confront him now. Be constructive, but firm. Easy to say, I know. Maybe talk to him together with the others? What does your boss think? Does he care? Hope things turn for the better again. Maybe he'll leave.

Sorry to hear that Jonno. Working environment is very important, both for your well being and for your productivity. A small team with an a-hole in it can be a very stressful situation. You probably have let him (her) get his way so far, but seems like you have to confront him now. Be constructive, but firm. Easy to say, I know. Maybe talk to him together with the others? What does your boss think? Does he care? Hope things turn for the better again. Maybe he'll leave.

Appreciate those comments. Unfortunately, my 'boss' thinks the sun shines out of his arse, as is often the way, but given the fact it's for no material reason makes it all the more frustrating. It also makes confronting any issue a potentially dangerous situation. Best not dwell on it though, it's not good for anyone I guess. He's also on a limited work permit, which I pray won't be renewed.

Appreciate those comments. Unfortunately, my 'boss' thinks the sun shines out of his arse, as is often the way, but given the fact it's for no material reason makes it all the more frustrating. It also makes confronting any issue a potentially dangerous situation. Best not dwell on it though, it's not good for anyone I guess. He's also on a limited work permit, which I pray won't be renewed.

So there is a chance! :)

I'm not able to make gifs or other stuff that people here are...

Took a turn for the worse today - there is a serious ar$ehole at work, and unfortunately our office is just too small to escape him. It's a shame because I feel our office has been lucky the past few years with no divisive characters, it's doubly annoying by the fact that most people are passive enough to let him get away with it. Surely others must have the same experiences and techniques for dealing with it - it's one thing disliking your actual job, but seems so unnecessary to have the working environment spoiled by individuals.

The thing I hated about working for pwc was that it was so stratified.  If the arsehole was above you in the hierarchy, there wasn't a lot you could do about it unless their behaviour tipped over into out and out harassment.  All the partners really cared about was bringing jobs in on budget.  If he's on a limited work permit, I'm guessing he's a foreigner so will probably be moving on fairly sharpish.  If you PM me his name, I'll see if I can stitch him up for you! :ph34r:

Â