The Boring Thread

Spoony

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

My game is guessing which post of my own has been reacted to or commented on.

I think I've just invented a new game for myself. 

Go through your posts and react to random ones to keep you guessing.

• Haha 2

On 24/10/2023 at 13:12, Mark Albrighton said:

Fairly frequently, when I see a post from another user has received a number of likes/reactions, I read the post and I have a little bet with myself as to whether I can guess which posters have responded before clicking to see if I’m correct.

I’m not too bad at this little game but sometimes I’m left thinking “And why the hell has he not appreciated that post…he’s into that sort of thing isn’t he?”.

Another game I play. Very simple one.

I see that a mod has posted in a thread by their avatar being the most recent. I then look at the subject matter, estimate how fraught the conversation could get/the potential for the discussion to deviate away from the subject and I guess whether it’s red text or not red text before viewing the thread and latest post.

I just guessed wrong in the most recent game.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’ve been considering a new Shark vacuum cleaner for a while as people seem to rave about them. 
When the NV602UKT came up for just £119 brand new with a 5 year warranty I couldn’t resist.

There's a whole vacuum cleaner thread. 

Can't seem to do thread links anymore. 

13 hours ago, Genie said:

I’ve been considering a new Shark vacuum cleaner for a while as people seem to rave about them. 
When the NV602UKT came up for just £119 brand new with a 5 year warranty I couldn’t resist.

We’ve got one, they’re very good . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

The carpets are 5 years old now so I’m hoping a new more powerful vacuum will give them a bit of a fluff up.

Yeah should do mate . You not had the carpets professionally cleaned? I find that gives them a new lease of life. 

22 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Yeah should do mate . You not had the carpets professionally cleaned? I find that gives them a new lease of life. 

Yeah we had them done a couple of years ago. 

I have a Vax carpet washer which I use now and again, especially the hall which collects the most dirt

Edited by Genie

On 05/11/2023 at 21:40, Genie said:

We got that one, bit more expensive than that though, good deal

Â