Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Dodgyknees

We're going to get dominated in midfield with this formation. Yet again, clueless

I doubt the midfield will see much of the ball when we have it anyway

It will be going long up to the big man up front or down the channels in the wide areas

Agree that Albrighton needs to play in a 4-4-2 and the lack of left sided options makes that difficult. I'd be tempted to play both Bertrand and Bennett (*runs and hides*) as Bertrand's played further forward a few times for Chelsea and done alright.

-----------Guzan----------

Bacuna-Vlaar-Baker-Bennett

Albrighton-Westwood-Delph-Bertrand

----Benteke--Agbonlahor----

1-2 Villa.

Does this make me ITK?! :mellow:

BT are saying Bennett is playing LM, and Bertrand at LB.

Probably just an assumption by them, but it would make more sense to me than the other way around.

It would make no sense IMO - Bertrand has played as a left mid for Chelsea on several occasions, Bennett is completely untried in that position. Bennett will be able to get forward though as Bertrand is good at covering, same goes for Bacuna/Albrighton

BT are saying Bennett is playing LM, and Bertrand at LB.

Probably just an assumption by them, but it would make more sense to me than the other way around.

BT also have a middle-aged David Ginola and David James puffing and panting on a weird indoor football pitch, for some reason.

• Like 1

Another night of hell awaits...

Bennett is starting? I despair

Give the guy a chance, he has a beard now

:lol:

In all seriousness, the guy had about 35 chances last season.

EDIT at least he will be on the wing, so his defensive naivety won't show too much..  

Edited by villarule123

I'm less worried about the Bennett/Bertie midfield thing than I am about Westwood in a four man midfield; I'm not sure he's mobile or dynamic enough for it. Unless Delph is playing high up the pitch then I see us playing with a deep midfield and hitting long balls. If Delph is playing further forward, we're not often going to win the ball, so I suspect it's going to be defend and hoof.

In fairness, that might actually work.

Agree that Albrighton needs to play in a 4-4-2 and the lack of left sided options makes that difficult. I'd be tempted to play both Bertrand and Bennett (*runs and hides*) as Bertrand's played further forward a few times for Chelsea and done alright.

-----------Guzan----------

Bacuna-Vlaar-Baker-Bennett

Albrighton-Westwood-Delph-Bertrand

----Benteke--Agbonlahor----

1-2 Villa.

Does this make me ITK?! :mellow:

Hope so