Cov City "back to Ricoh" petition - need 100k signatures

skarroki

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/59884

Coventry City fans have set up a petition and they need 100,000 football fans to sign up to it in order for it to get raised as a subject in the house of commons.

I know for a lot of us they won't be our favourite team but i also would assume there are a lot of people on here who would sympathise for the fans in this situation. the whole debate about Lerner being "better the devil you know" would certainly apply when comparing him to potentially getting owners like theirs.

just a simple sign up and helping them get closer to their target. spread the word if you can. we've got a big community on here so will be able to help out a lot if we all give a few minutes to go on this

I never understood the whole petition thing. Hello Sir/Madam here's a list of random names with no way of verifying any of them or whether they had any clue what they were signing. Now give me what I want.

Edited by villa89

I thought they were building a new stadium

They announced an intention to, but the site would be be in Exhall, which is in the Borough of Nuneaton & Bedworth, Warwickshire which probably wouldn't be popular with Coventry fans as it is outside the city limits.  Mind you, the Ricoh could hardly be more on the outskirts of Coventry than it currently is. 

Don`t a lot of them really despise villa?

I hate cov the fans at work, they are deluded but we're talking about a home town football club being moved out the county because of unfit chairmen being allowed to continue messing this club up.

hate the club as a football local rivalry, but hate the situation they are in more surely?

I wouldn't sign a petition to give that lot a pot to piss in.

Their fans were worse than Small Heath before they fell back in to obscurity.

Never mind playing outside of Coventry, I'd have them playing on another continent.

Â