Cov City "back to Ricoh" petition - need 100k signatures

skarroki

There is no way on gods earth im signing that for those rats.  I stopped over at one of my mates in Coventry last year we went to a bar in centre for a few ales, around 11ish  a group of around 10 blokes belted out 'Sh#t on the Villa' Cringe wasn't the word. funny sounding creatures with blue nose mentality, used to love going to highfield road and beating them

• Like 2

There's a guy who works in sales for the company I work at, and I got talking to him about football as you do. Mentioned I was a Villa fan, and his reply was along the lines of, "Ooh you're gonna hate me then, I support Cov." To which I replied, "Couldn't really give a sh*t mate, small heath are our rivals. Always have been." He seemed genuinely gutted.

• Like 1

There is no way on gods earth im signing that for those rats.  I stopped over at one of my mates in Coventry last year we went to a bar in centre for a few ales, around 11ish  a group of around 10 blokes belted out 'Sh#t on the Villa' Cringe wasn't the word. funny sounding creatures with blue nose mentality, used to love going to highfield road and beating them

I'd like to show solidarity with fellow footnall supporters but I'm struggling here.

No way am I signing that.

I wouldn't sign a petition to give that lot a pot to piss in.

Their fans were worse than Small Heath before they fell back in to obscurity.

Never mind playing outside of Coventry, I'd have them playing on another continent.

Long may their misery continue.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

On holiday in Gran Caneria and the Dr asks who I support etc and I say Villa next thing I know Coventry supporters shouting abuse at me! What's their obsession? I don't get it!

On holiday in Gran Caneria and the DJ asks who I support etc and I say Villa next thing I know Coventry supporters shouting abuse at me! What's their obsession? I don't get it!

On holiday in Gran Caneria and the Dr asks who I support etc and I say Villa next thing I know Coventry supporters shouting abuse at me! What's their obsession? I don't get it!

They don't like us.  It's a Warwickshire thing. 

Strange how the dynamics of their inbred hatred for us changes when the idiots need something. My father-in-law, a 'committed' (as in went once and moaned about everything but the half time bovril) Coventry 'die-hard', has suddenly found it necessary to indulge me in serious football chatter......or rather those morons plight and how, as fans, we should all stck together blah blah!

I told him that I went to Highfield craphole more than he ever did and watched with immense satisfaction as the veins popped in his fat neck :D

Do have to laugh.

A workmate at JLR Solihull is from Cov (and an ex Jag worker)  and I've been having a laugh with him about their 22 thousand disappearing fans.

But, he's been whinging on about Wasps buying a stake in the Ricoh and now just to top it off we get a works email to say that Land Rover is sponsoring them. Hilarious!

Aren't the Coventry fans the lot that used to routinely bottleneck our away fans after games and chuck bricks, stones and beat them up or was that stoke?

I've been to Highfield Road as an away fan six or seven times and never had a problem like that.  I did think I was going to get my head kicked in after the infamous Robbie Keane game in 99, but that was the first time they had beaten at their place (with our recently signed Dion Dublin) in about 3000 years so I guess they felt entitled to act like utter pricks that night. 

Aren't the Coventry fans the lot that used to routinely bottleneck our away fans after games and chuck bricks, stones and beat them up or was that stoke?

I've been to Highfield Road as an away fan six or seven times and never had a problem like that.  I did think I was going to get my head kicked in after the infamous Robbie Keane game in 99, but that was the first time they had beaten at their place (with our recently signed Dion Dublin) in about 7 years so I guess they felt entitled to act like utter pricks that night. 

Fixed plus,I was at that game in the Cov end with my cousin as a 13 year old :D I could hardly contain my glee when Dion scored in front of us, we were about 3 rows back from the goal. Got a ribbing come full time though :(

Edited by hogso

Â