Coffee or Tea

maqroll

Coffee or Tea  

101 members have voted

1. 1. What is your preferred cup?

• Coffee
    • Tea
  2. 2. How many cups of coffee do you drink a day?

• 4+
  3. 3. How many cups of tea do you drink a day?

• 4+

Coffee shops are very popular in Vietnam and becoming more and more so in Cambodia too, despite the temperatures. Having said that, a lot of the trade is done in iced coffee (in some places I went in Cambodia that is literally coffee with ice cubes in haha).

Anyone tried any of that civet coffee yet?

I've not tried it but a friend did bring back some 'weasel' coffee from a trip to Vietnam. I think it was supposed to be like a knock off of civet coffee but I'm not sure what animal it had passed through :/

I have never really fancied it myself but I seem to remember that Stephen Fry gave Prince Charles some as a present.

I always wondered if he actually drank it.

This guy knows a bit a bout it ;)

• Like 1

People who don't drink tea or coffee always concern me a bit. If I offer someone a hot beverage and they say "I don't drink tea or coffee" I instinctively give them a puzzled look as if it's some sort of trick or a sick, disgusting joke.

Yeah, me too.

"I don't drink hot drinks"

You what mate?!

Perfect opportunity for this:U-WOT-M8.jpg

I agree. How on earth can you not like hot drinks?

When it's thirty-five Celsius outside...
I used to live in Texas and people would just drink ice tea all the time. But it was always HEAVILY sweetened and just undrinkable, vile stuff. Hot tea was unheard of. Americans do tea all wrong (sorry chaps).

People who don't drink tea or coffee always concern me a bit. If I offer someone a hot beverage and they say "I don't drink tea or coffee" I instinctively give them a puzzled look as if it's some sort of trick or a sick, disgusting joke.

Yeah, me too.

You what mate?!

I used to live in Texas and people would just drink ice tea all the time. But it was always HEAVILY sweetened and just undrinkable, vile stuff. Hot tea was unheard of. Americans do tea all wrong (sorry chaps).

Sounds familiar.

Although I'd disagree with the assertion that it is "undrinkable."

Yeah, me too.

You what mate?!

Don't they say a cup of tea cools the body down, or is that just an old wives tale?

I'm not a massive drinker of hot beverages like some in here, I may have 2-3 a day, but that will be in any temperature. Even in 35 degrees! Especially the morning drink, although I guess this is more a ritual than anything now.

• 6 years later...

The things the Americans do to their coffee alarms me. I bought some creamer as I never get through milk quick enough before it goes off and omg it’s just pure sugar. Was in Miami recently as well and if you’re not going Cuban it’s just a pint of brown water with whatever sweet shit you want to pump into it from the counter. 

Black americano Nestle stuff for me.. not a connoisseur just yet. Only just really got into drinking coffee tbh, would go months without 1. Now I must have 1 every morning when I get up, another about 10 and then occasionally 1 about 2/3 when the after lunch lag kicks in!

18 hours ago, useless said:

I started drinking rooibos a few years ago and I haven't looked back since.

its good stuff, if you're going flavourless and without milk then rooibos is the best choice (I class earl grey as flavoured saying that) and I think it carries flavours better too, most flavoured teas seem to be really strong smells trying to make you think it tastes of something whereas rooibos can do both, currently got some marzipan and some caramel flavours sat in the draw at home

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I drink both pretty evenly.

Same. If I could absolutely only have one or the other, I'd have to stick with tea. The missus says the opposite. 

On 22/01/2014 at 12:20, Designer1 said:

Yorkshire Tea - very strong.

Nothing worse than weak tea.

My wife insists on her tea being VERY weak. All this talk of three minutes infusing and three squeezes of the tea bag would give her apoplexy - it's literally, dip the tea bag into a cup of boiled water, immediately remove, add milk. But not much milk, she also complains if it's too milky. Basically, what she's drinking is very slightly flavoured hot water. Sadly, I've slipped into a similar habit. 

12 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

My wife insists on her tea being VERY weak. All this talk of three minutes infusing and three squeezes of the tea bag would give her apoplexy - it's literally, dip the tea bag into a cup of boiled water, immediately remove, add milk. But not much milk, she also complains if it's too milky. Basically, what she's drinking is very slightly flavoured hot water. Sadly, I've slipped into a similar habit. 

Your wife doesn't like tea

Â