Coffee or Tea

maqroll

Coffee or Tea  

101 members have voted

1. 1. What is your preferred cup?

• Coffee
    • Tea
  2. 2. How many cups of coffee do you drink a day?

• 4+
  3. 3. How many cups of tea do you drink a day?

• 4+

Caffeine doesn't really effect me, maybe because I've drunk tea for so long.

I don't get a buzz from a cup of tea or coffee.

I can quite happily drink a mug of coffee or tea minutes before bed and have no trouble sleeping.

Similarly I have no problem going weeks without coffee or tea (although I don't very often because I loooooove tea)

• Like 1

Nothing makes you appreacite proper english tea like living away from England most of the year.

Coffee can suck it.

That's a very good point. 

You can get decent coffee in the UK, but it's much harder to get good tea abroad. 

Is PG Tips considered a "good" tea by you Brits?

Anyone tried any of that civet coffee yet?

I've not tried it but a friend did bring back some 'weasel' coffee from a trip to Vietnam. I think it was supposed to be like a knock off of civet coffee but I'm not sure what animal it had passed through :/

I've not tried it but a friend did bring back some 'weasel' coffee from a trip to Vietnam. I think it was supposed to be like a knock off of civet coffee but I'm not sure what animal it had passed through :/

I have never really fancied it myself but I seem to remember that Stephen Fry gave Prince Charles some as a present.

I always wondered if he actually drank it.

Tend to have a couple of coffees after I've woken up or just before a night shift. Probably drink 7-10 cups of tea a day too (Yorkshire tea).

The nicest coffee I've ever tried was in Vietnam, at a plantation where they feed coffee beans to weasels, wait for them to poo, dry out said leavings, and make coffee out of it. Was surprisingly really tasty!

Perhaps it was once an exclusive rare coffee but now there is mass battery farming producing it so it's something to avoid IMO.

Very much this. I've read up on it and coffee experts basically agree there is nothing special about it and it's a fad (it's basicallynot as good as decent coffee beans you can buy).

And as Mr_Dogg says, as it IS a fad it has become popular and is now battery farmed in disgusting conditions by force-feading the poor creatures to create it en mass.

My feeling towards it is don't buy it and don't drink it.

People who don't drink tea or coffee always concern me a bit. If I offer someone a hot beverage and they say "I don't drink tea or coffee" I instinctively give them a puzzled look as if it's some sort of trick or a sick, disgusting joke.

Yeah, me too.

"I don't drink hot drinks"

You what mate?!

Perfect opportunity for this:U-WOT-M8.jpg

I agree. How on earth can you not like hot drinks?

• Like 1

Nearly! Me and a pal was going to have some in Bangkok but at roughly £25 a cup, we decided our money would be better spent elsewhere. Beer and tits rather than coffee passed through the innards of a tropical mammal

Nothing makes you appreacite proper english tea like living away from England most of the year.

Coffee can suck it.

You can get decent coffee in the UK, but it's much harder to get good tea abroad.

Middling. Better than the really cheap rubbish, but tea snobs wouldn't rate it.

Coffee can suck it.

Ah well, It's either that or Lipton/Twinings around here. It'll do me

Coffee can suck it.

The other two options are infinitely better!

Coffee can suck it.

The other two options are infinitely better!

Twinings is. Liptons isn't. 

Actually you are right Mike, don't even know why I included Lipton's, its utterly horid

In fact my favourite tea available in the UK has to be Tea Pigs Silvertip White.

I definitely picked up a white tea fetish in Singapore a few years ago, trouble is its quite hard to get hold of round here

People who don't drink tea or coffee always concern me a bit. If I offer someone a hot beverage and they say "I don't drink tea or coffee" I instinctively give them a puzzled look as if it's some sort of trick or a sick, disgusting joke.

Yeah, me too.

"I don't drink hot drinks"

You what mate?!

Perfect opportunity for this:U-WOT-M8.jpg

I agree. How on earth can you not like hot drinks?

When it's thirty-five Celsius outside...

Â