Coffee or Tea

maqroll

Coffee or Tea  

101 members have voted

1. 1. What is your preferred cup?

• Coffee
    • Tea
  2. 2. How many cups of coffee do you drink a day?

• 4+
  3. 3. How many cups of tea do you drink a day?

• 4+

The obsession with coffee-making kit just reveals the metaphysical aspects of beverage preparation and consumption.

This reaches its a apogee with the Japanese tea ceremony but can be definitely be seen in the whole afternoon tea ritual of fine china cups and even extends to the way you are supposed to hold those cups.

The coffee machine is an essential part of the coffee ritual.

Surely every coffee machine, no matter how grand or humble, references Moriondo's original machine and the Italian alchemy of turning coffee drinking into a manifestation of the spirit of La Dolce Vita?

Well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. :)  

Busted.gif

What's that mean then?

What's that mean then?

It means you went to the year 3000 and noticed not much had changed except they live underwater and someone's great great great Granddaughter was pretty fine (Because hot is forever)

• Like 2

People who don't drink tea or coffee always concern me a bit. If I offer someone a hot beverage and they say "I don't drink tea or coffee" I instinctively give them a puzzled look as if it's some sort of trick or a sick, disgusting joke.

• Like 1

People who don't drink tea or coffee always concern me a bit. If I offer someone a hot beverage and they say "I don't drink tea or coffee" I instinctively give them a puzzled look as if it's some sort of trick or a sick, disgusting joke.

Children surely?

Children surely?

I don't offer tea or coffee to children.

And don't call me Shirley.

• Like 3

I think I've drank tea since I was about six years old.

I can remember my first cup of coffee, I was watching over a hangar where they kept aircraft parts and the bloke who owned it made me one of the strongest cups of coffee I've ever had even now after all this time and I was fourteen then.

So kids have no excuse.

Edited by 8pints

Then what do you offer them exactly?

Generally I don't entertain children but if I do I offer them Ribena or some other form of cordial. Or milk. Or water.

Do any children drink tea or coffee? I've noticed that a coffee shop near me has started selling 'babychinos' which I find a bit strange...

Nothing makes you appreacite proper english tea like living away from England most of the year.

Coffee can suck it.

That's a very good point. 

You can get decent coffee in the UK, but it's much harder to get good tea abroad. 

I drink way too much of both.

I start the day with tea and have 2 mugs back to back before 7am, I'll of had 4-6(total) by 10am. I then switch to my nespresso machine and have a double shot coffee at 10.30, I'll probably have 3-4 of these throughout the day, then always finish on a tea at 8.30pm.

If I'm working out and about I'll easily have 2-4 large lattes throughout the day!

I need to cut back.

• Like 1

Yeah, me too.

"I don't drink hot drinks"

You what mate?!

What's that mean then?

It means you went to the year 3000 and noticed not much had changed except they live underwater and someone's great great great Granddaughter was pretty fine (Because hot is forever)

So haughty displeasure at my failed bathos?

Innit!

• Like 1

Do any children drink tea or coffee? I've noticed that a coffee shop near me has started selling 'babychinos' which I find a bit strange...

'babychino' is just the frothed/steamed milk without any coffee. I think it's so the kid can pretend it's drinking coffee like it's mother (and so the coffee shop can charge a pound for a couple of spoonfuls of milk).

• Like 1

Â