Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Condimentalist

It's a case of having pace in the team if Mel picks Lugano and defends high up the pitch which is his preferred style. I'm not Tonev's biggest fan but I do think his pace will cause them problems. 

FWIW i think Gabby will play.

Based on the results tonight I'd say that this is a must win game, it would put 9 points between us and the relegation zone and we would be just 5 points off Southampton in 9th position.

Edited by samjp26

If Gabby is out and as Mel appears to favour playing a high line I would be tempted to play Tonev.

I think his pace would cause The Boggies all sorts of issues especially if Lugano and Ridgewell are playing.

If we play Tonev we better inform NASA to adjust the orbit of the international space station so its nowhere near Villa Park

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 3

-----------------Goose--------------------

Lowton----Vlaar----Clark----Bertrand

----------------Westwood-----------------

----------KEA----------------Delph--------

------------------Bacuna-------------------

---------Benteke------Weimann----------

That is what I'd go with personally, although I have a feeling we will line up the same as we did against Liverpool apart from Holt coming in for Gabby.

I hope not.

I have nothing against Holt. But him and Benteke up front nullifies our effectiveness, imo.

We need pace supporting Benteke.

If Gabby is out and as Mel appears to favour playing a high line I would be tempted to play Tonev.

I think his pace would cause The Boggies all sorts of issues especially if Lugano and Ridgewell are playing.

If we play Tonev we better inform NASA to adjust the orbit of the international space station so its nowhere near Villa Park

hahaha, yup.

I'm going to make a bold prediction and say we'll win this one.

Villa park will be well up for this, and it'll drive and inspire our team to victory.

Further proving home fans have a bigger role to play in our dire home form than most would have you believe.

---------guzan-------------

Lowts vlaar Clark Bertrand

----Westwood Kea Delph-----

Alby----------------weimann

----------benteke----------

(if gabby is out)

have to start winning some home games no matter who its against, win and its a big gap to the bottom 3, for that reason I can see us scrapping out a draw, we always seem to fluff these chances to pull clear if other teams

1-1 draw.

2-1 villa. But we will probably Concorde that firar goal within 20 mins. Then for the comeback, weimann to score the equalizer before halftime with benteke finishing it pff in the 80th minute!

Trust me im ITK

Edited by tomaspg

It'd be lovely if Lambert was downplaying the extent of Gabby's injury to make them think he isn't playing. Suddenly finding out he is half an hour before kick wouldn't half scupper their plans.