• Good
    • Very Good
  3. 3. How good was the referee?

• Very Poor
    • Poor
    • Average
    • Good
    • Very Good

The analogy would be that if someone throws a stone at your head, do you need to let it hit you in order for it to be an offence or should you duck out of the way?

• Like 2

I was furious with Guzan when the penalty was given, I have no idea why goalkeepers storm out when a player is running away from goal. If he just followed him without going to ground, he would have ran into a dead end. A dive or not, it was totally avoidable IMO.

Edited by villarule123

I would of taken a point before the game based on both teams form. The performance was good first half, Liverpool did not look like a top 4 team. 2nd half we stood strong after that penalty. I'm sure if we got given a penalty like that we would be saying it was. Personally think Suarez made the contact and went down. Smart play or cheat I say cheat.

The way I saw it was that Guzan went out quickly, went to ground but then pulled out as he didn't have his arms out so he was getting in the way of the ball going towards the goal, covering all angles. If Suarez kicks towards goal or tries to move the ball that way, guzan blocks it, if Suarez goes further away from goal, he can't touch him.

What guzan didn't reckon on was Suarez going away from goal but attempting to make contact with him anyway. Thing is, he was leaving his trailing leg there to get the contact but mistimed it so the contact never actually came, leaving Suarez looking like a tit.

The ref couldn't see the angle to to judge how much or if any contact there was so mistakenly gave it.

If it wasn't given, the ref would have gotten abuse at the time but would have been vindicated afterwards. Everyone would have been talking about the brilliant decision today.

I would of taken a point before the game based on both teams form. The performance was good first half, Liverpool did not look like a top 4 team. 2nd half we stood strong after that penalty. I'm sure if we got given a penalty like that we would be saying it was. Personally think Suarez made the contact and went down. Smart play or cheat I say cheat.

Ex pros are deeming it clever play now, can't wait to see lineker and shearer when Suarez does it against England.

• Like 2

So proud of the lads after last night. That first half was phenomenal from us. I never expected us to be 2-0 up at Anfield. I think, at the time, I still thought Liverpool would come back into it but to keep Suarez from scoring at home is a great achievement. Hopefully the team will have some belief that they can give anybody a good game, and carry that through to the baggies game. There would be no better game to reward the home fans with.

UTV

I agree with Lee Dixon:

1. @altho no he didn't. Debatable contact was after Suarez began to go down

2. @DobboLFC @GaryLineker @StanCollymore @LeeDixon2 Guzan slides low, Suarez drops his knee and then twists his body. It is a fake reaction.

Lee Dixon @LeeDixon2 16h

@StanCollymore no pen for me sucked the keeper off the line. Got the touch. Then stated to go down. Pre meditated dive. IMO

I agree with Lee Dixon:

Lee Dixon ‏@LeeDixon2 16h

@StanCollymore no pen for me sucked the keeper off the line. Got the touch. Then stated to go down. Pre meditated dive. IMO

Love to see it debated on ITV. Not like the crap the Bbc served up.

Ex pros are deeming it clever play now, can't wait to see lineker and shearer when Suarez does it against England.

That's a great point and I'm sure they will change there tune then

• Like 2

Very pleased with the performance. In all honesty they scored with there only chance in the first half and it took a dive from Suarez for the equaliser. It is hard to critiscise the ref for the pen though as he was clearly conned and my first thought was penalty as well.

• Like 2

I support Aston Villa Purple n White, you guys can have Aston Villa Claret n Blue.

I really like our away kits. Always liked white in aways.

Not that you necessarily meant that, but I wanted to say it. :)

Edited by AVTuco
  • Like 2

I like players who play hard, and Bertrand, Delph, Vlaar and Gabby all fit that bill. For all his prodigious talent, Benteke too often looks like he thinks his job is to draw fouls.

Suarez was being Suarez. When they stop rewarding players who go down like they've been shot, that stuff might stop. As a referee I think a little harder when a player goes down while waving his arms wildly....most of the time it's not a foul.

• Like 1

Very proud of the overall performance at Anfield from us... and the way in which Lambert has proven to us now that we are capable of playing and creating. Excellent point earned - which was more than I could reasonably have hoped for given the respective form of Liverpool (especially at home of late) and our recent stutterings.

Gabby had one of those 'on fire' games and it was good to see us create more than our fair share of opportunities. Vlaar and co at the back managed to hold on in what we could reasonably have expected in terms of a resurgent Liverpool onslaught - but in real happenstance, only a joke of a penalty brought the game level.

Really happy for the team, and happy for Paul Lambert. Now play like that at home please...

MOTM was concrete Ron, tactics were good and the referee was 'poor' purely for allowing himself to get conned.

'Shit Bag Shearer...' hang your head in shame. Shouting like that on MOTD to squirm your 'point' across to the watching audience. Embarrassed for you and your deluded, warped, view.

Â