Ryan Bertrand

Didiersix

I just hope the lad realises that despite his ample ability his England career won't take off while he's at Villa, at least until a certain dinosaur leaves anyway.

I disagree. He'll call up a player from a club higher up the table even if they aren't big, like Southampton this year with Rodriguez and lallana. And if Lambert stays Villa will be up there.

My worry is he goes back to Chelsea in the summer as we can't afford him, Luna pisses off back to Spain as Lambert has made it clear he doesn't rate him by replacing him mid-season, and we're back to square one again.

My worry is he goes back to Chelsea in the summer as we can't afford him, Luna pisses off back to Spain as Lambert has made it clear he doesn't rate him by replacing him mid-season, and we're back to square one again.

I'd prefer that situation over having Hutton still on the books.

Don't think us loaning in Bertrand necessarily means Lambert doesn't rate Luna.

I just hope the lad realises that despite his ample ability his England career won't take off while he's at Villa, at least until a certain dinosaur leaves anyway.

I disagree. He'll call up a player from a club higher up the table even if they aren't big, like Southampton this year with Rodriguez and lallana. And if Lambert stays Villa will be up there.

Not saying he won't call up players from the non-top clubs, I just can't see him calling up any Villa players. Ever.

Not saying he won't call up players from the non-top clubs, I just can't see him calling up any Villa players. Ever.

Going slightly off topic, but has anyone really been consistent enough to warrant a call up? Ok maybe when all the striker injuries struck Gabby could have been but everyone else hasn't in my eyes

@patmurphybbc: @AReeson93 Bertrand made it quite clear in Monday interviews that it was an option & he wouldn't rule it out ...

He replied with this when I asked about the option to buy

That doesn't sound like an option to buy in place as part of the deal, that sounds like Bertrand saying coming here is an option and one he wouldn't rule out.

@patmurphybbc: @AReeson93 Bertrand made it quite clear in Monday interviews that it was an option & he wouldn't rule it out ...

That doesn't sound like an option to buy in place as part of the deal, that sounds like Bertrand saying coming here is an option and one he wouldn't rule out.

That's how I read it too.

I've been very impressed with Ryan, hope he carries this form on!

That's how I read it too.

I've been very impressed with Ryan, hope he carries this form on!

The question I asked is it true there is an option to buy Bertrand? Praying we do, he is a quality left back and we can actually attack down the left side now. Do agree that Pats reply was not 100% clear but as he said it on 5 live, and to which Bertrand "we can assume" said that there is an option in the interview, I'm feeling positive!

If he keeps playing like this he wont be coming here, bitter sweet.

Not necessarily. He's not been brilliant by any stretch, in terms of other team's fans looking at him and thinking "wow what a signing that'd be". Instead he's been incredibly competent, and very reliable. For us as Villa fans, that's like having Messi in the team, but in terms of other teams looking at him, he hasn't done anything to make him look like a superstar yet. If he keeps doing exactly what he has been, and doesn't drive in a few 40 yarders or win a load of MOTM awards, then we've got a very good chance of picking him up... after he's signed he can start doing the fancy stuff

Yes, an option to buy in the loan agreement sounds too good to be true. Anyway, here's to hoping!

Â