Grant Holt

samjp26

Looks like we are going to see the fat **** for the last 7 games of the season.

That is totally uncalled for. I suggest you edit your post immediately. 

I can't wait to watch him for the rest of the season, banging the goals in. He will be signed for 5m in the Summer as well and offered 40k a week  ^_^

I'm not wild about Holt. Not as non-plussed as some, but not overjoyed.

But the derisory and incredibly juvenile and utterly unfunny comments - regarding his weight - on here are embarrassing .Fa

As we have a sort of code about poking fun at each other would it not be reasonable to refrain from doing it about one of our own players who, to the best of my knowledge, has done no harm to the Club whatsoever ?

Fantastic post, you are a credit to this forum.

Alluding to his weight (which in-turn is linked to his fitness) isn't necessarily derogatory though.

Looks like we are going to see the fat **** for the last 7 games of the season.

When_someone_posts_gif_that_loops_right_

I mean that not every person that brings this issue up is intending to make unnecessary insults like the one quoted. It would be nice if such generalisations didn't have to be made so often on here.

Edited by Isa

Grant Holt in his brief appearances has looked a fair bit off the pace. I think with Benteke out it would be far better to go with Gabby and Weimann or give Helenius a chance. Players who you'd imagine have a medium to long term future at this club. Holt has no future at this club beyond this season. He does not warrant extended game time based on what he has done over the last 18 months or so and on what he has done whilst here. I fear he may well get the nod on Saturday though. If he does I hope he proves me wrong.

Holt may be a few things....slow, a bit cumbersome, very rusty, getting on a bit......but fat he is not!

I'd like to see some of the villa talk adonis's lined up next to him......

stripped to the waist in front of 40k people....

greased up....

:-(

• Like 2

What an embarrassing state of affairs when a Championship reject is the favourite to start as our main striker for the last seven games of the season. Challenging for fourth back in 2010 to now (2014) with Grant Holt leading the line. 

If Holt scores two Premiership goals this season I will get a shirt with his name on.

Instead, why not put that money towards something that is verifiable and pledge it to VillaTalk?

Rumor going around is that Gabby will miss the Fulham match this weekend.  Holt will probably get the nod, but am I the only one looking forward to see what he can do for us?  I liked him when he was at Norwich.  Big, strong, nowhere near as slow as everyone made him out to be, and had good touch and vision for a big man.  Granted, he has looked a bit off pace in his brief cameos for us so far, but he hadn't really played a game since the start of the season for Wigan.  I can see him bagging 2-3 goals for us to finish the season out and will justify Lambert's decision to bring him here to back up Benteke. 

I don't think the logic of it was ever questioned. Just the ability and fitness levels of the player in question.

To be honest, the logic was questioned, repeatedly and great length, during the transfer window thread. Not looking to start any arguments about this, but it really was. Now we need Holt. In the summer, we're going to need to spend some big money on a striker, which wouldn't have been in the plan before. 

Holt may be a few things....slow, a bit cumbersome, very rusty, getting on a bit......but fat he is not!

I'd like to see some of the villa talk adonis's lined up next to him......

stripped to the waist in front of 40k people....

greased up....

:-(

ken.jpg

Â