Grant Holt

samjp26

I've had time to think and now retract my initial hate. I stand by my comments calling him fat. But hes experienced and he's got a good goal-scoring record in this league under Lambert. I hope this proves a good move.

• Like 1

Please let him finish top scorer, please. The backtracking/revisionism would be more delicious than the ambrosia of the gods. 

I would like him to be top scorer as it would mean that he'd have been a success. And that will be good for Aston Villa.

The fact that you state you'd like this to happen for other reasons. Well that's not much of a surprise.

Why judge a player before he's even played a game for us, is what the poster is trying to get at i assume. 

Exactly - if he comes good, it's win-win for me (I didn't slag him off before he even kicked a ball for us and we benefited from his performances) .

The amount of people who are seemingly reduced to angry tears before even giving a player a chance, baffles me. 

Edited by lexicon

I've had time to think and now retract my initial hate. I stand by my comments calling him fat. But hes experienced and he's got a good goal-scoring record in this league under Lambert. I hope this proves a good move.

As many people say I wish I was that fat?! He might be overweight, but fat no. But he’s never been the thinnest of players, the question is how fit or unfit is he?

• Like 1

I bet people wished we were being linked with a £7 million 'overage' Rickie lambert instead?

Exactly. If we had bought Holt when first Lambert arrived on a 3 year deal, I think most people would have thought this good business (price depending). 18 months later, he's terrible (in some people's eyes) for 5 months, as cover!

You can look at WHam and see a lot worse than us - Roger Johnson, Andy Carroll for that much, now this rumour. At least we have a plan, whether we like it or not!

I bet people wished we were being linked with a £7 million 'overage' Rickie lambert instead?

OT, but only if he apologised for conning the ref into giving Southampton a penalty last season.

Rickie Lambert - England International. He'd be too expensive for us right now imo.

He'll probably do a Heskey/Zat Knight, and get one on his debut, which will fool people into thinking it's a great piece of business, before being utterly shite for the rest of the season.

Might be true, but Heskey we had for 3 or 4 years. This one is for 4 months and most likely on much lower wages so it's not really comparable in that sense, IMO. I don't expect much from Holt. One or two goals, especially if they're winning us a game, would not be success, but good enough for me.

OT, but only if he apologised for conning the ref into giving Southampton a penalty last season.

Rickie Lambert - England International. He'd be too expensive for us right now imo.

Against us? Wasnt that rodriguez?

Football fans in wanting a better player shocker!

He's 1 year younger? So you'd be happy for the club to spend £7 mil on him? I certainly wouldn't be.

I'm a football fan, not an accountant. If the club can afford to buy better and more expensive players then great. I can't judge how much they can afford to spend, so I assume whatever they're spending is financially OK. 

It's not the negativity really. There's just some fans like that.

It's just that it pops in almost every thread in this forum. There's not a thread I go to that doesn't have the same few people blasting everyone that isn't in complete agreement with the shittiness of everything.

the next gen thread really was the worst example

Was that the thread where the acadamy director said the same things I did a day later.

We've been over this before, the fact you were right is completely irrelevant to why people were annoyed at you in that topic.

He's 1 year younger? So you'd be happy for the club to spend £7 mil on him? I certainly wouldn't be.

I'm a football fan, not an accountant. If the club can afford to buy better and more expensive players then great. I can't judge how much they can afford to spend, so I assume whatever they're spending is financially OK.

I bet Leeds fans thought the same.

I bet Leeds fans thought the same.

I might be wrong but you seem to think Lerner, Faulkner and Lambert are mugs, who have no idea how to control the finances? 

Like I said, I'm not an accountant, I don't care how much money they spend of players. They can spend f.ck all for all I care. What I care about is playing good football and hopefully getting some results too. 

for me their is no difference from Rickie Lambert and Grant Holt. they are both similar players and Holt can do a job from the bench.

I expect him to start on Saturday or play a part as Liverpool have been woeful on set-pieces recently with Skrtel an accident waiting to happen

Lol Zat Knight.

He who captains Bolton as they sit comfortably 18th in the Championship.

What? As opposed to Holt who couldn't get a game in mid-table Wigan?

Collymore reckons we shouldn't read too much into him not playing at Wigan, internal issues.

Â