Formula One 2014

BOF

Finally lewis gets a bit of luck with Rosbergs dnf. I know its only a 3 point lead and there is still alot to play for, but I can't see lewis being caught now.

I think reliability (or lack of) is going to decide this years champion.

• 2 weeks later...

Vettel to leave Red Bull and replace Alonso next season: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/29487911

Fernando Alonso to be replaced by Sebastian Vettel at Ferrari By Andrew BensonChief F1 writer

Fernando Alonso is to leave Ferrari at the end of the season and the team will replace him with four-time champion Sebastian Vettel.

Alonso still had two more years to run on his contract but he and Ferrari have agreed to separate. He is expected to join McLaren-Honda for 2015.

Red Bull announced on Saturday Vettel had "advised them" he would leave.

Team principal Christian Horner said Ferrari had made Vettel "a very attractive offer."

Vettel will be replaced at Red Bull by Russian Toro Rosso driver Daniil Kvyat, the team announced.

Alonso's decision to leave Ferrari - which, like Vettel's arrival, the team have not yet announced - has come because the double world champion has lost faith in Ferrari's ability to deliver him a title-winning car and believes McLaren and new engine partner Honda are a better bet.

Ferrari has had a long-standing agreement with the German that he would join them when he leaves Red Bull, who brought Vettel into F1 and took him to four world titles from 2010-13.

Vettel has had a disappointing season in 2014, out-shone by new team-mate Daniel Ricciardo, and has decided it is time to move on from the team that has backed him since he was a child.

Vettel will hope to benefit from the major restructuring that is taking place at Maranello under new team principal Marco Mattiacci, in which Alonso has lost faith.

The Spaniard's departure has been assisted by outgoing president Luca Di Montezemolo. He asked Alonso if he could give him anything as a leaving gift. The 33-year-old, who has three times in the last four years finished runner-up to Vettel in the championship, asked to be released from his contract.

Alonso is said by some sources to have already concluded a deal with McLaren-Honda.

The team have been chasing Alonso for more than a year, through a change in team boss from Martin Whitmarsh to Eric Boullier, despite the turbulent relationship they had when they worked together in 2007.

After a disharmonious year during which Alonso badly fell out with chairman Ron Dennis, the two parties agreed to split one year into a three-year contract.

Edited by stewiek2

I've just seen the pictures on Twitter, looks a right mess. Really hope the incredible technology in these cars gets praised once more.

Was it the JCB collecting the previous car not bring out of the way quick enough?

Confirmed (on twitter) he was taken to hospital unconscious by road

Questions being about why the race was allowed to go ahead if helicopter was not cleared to fly.

Edit: apparently helicopter was available but road chosen to transfer him to hospital. I imagine giving treatment en route is easier in an ambulance.

Edited by Genie

Sutil: "Bianchi hit crane side on."

According to Sutil, the Frenchman hit the crane side on and he added: "The yellow flags were out after I aquaplaned at the corner as the rain got more and more and one lap later with waved yellow flags Jules came around and had the same spin there. It was more or less the same crash, but just the outcome was a bit different."

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/3213/9504640/Sutil-Bianchi-hit-crane-side-on

Is it worth mentioning that as fun as GPs in the wet are;holding F1 races at the tail end of typhoon season is a monumentally shit idea. Instead of booking races in perma dry desert nations why aren't we doing Japan in march?

• Like 2

Â