• Agbonlahor
    • Albrighton (for Vlaar 70)
  2. 2. Managers tactics

• Very Poor
    • Poor
    • Average
    • Good
    • Very Good

massive win, well done lads. anyone go up today? we take many up? heard a few of our lot got arrested for letting off flares. back to the game though, it really was an important win. just wish we could build on it which we wont

Thats the spirit  :P

• Like 1

Credit to defence, as against Swansea they had better possession but they only managed a single shot on target.

Ah but the moaners will say they could of had so many more and against a better team we'd of lost.

Wouldn't call them moaners more-like realists, but let's not start the name calling, and enjoy the day.

Tough game to watch at times, but I'm happy, and what a start to the new year.

Realists? Although we've won every game where we've had less than 37% possession?

We remain unbeaten in 2014! What a way to start. Although with only 35% of the possession, just shows how bad Sunderland are. We could have made it 3-0, but for an unlucky Benteke and an awful Albrighton shot. Ref played six mins of extra time, thought Fergie was helping out at Sunderland!

Edited by Silafou's_besi_mate

We truly are a right pain in the ass away from home!

Should have scored 2 or 3 more, and would have done if confidence was not on the floor.

Even a 10% fit Benteke makes all the difference, same for Vlaar.

We truly are a right pain in the ass away from home!

Should have scored 2 or 3 more, and would have done if confidence was not on the floor.

Even a 10% fit Benteke makes all the difference, same for Vlaar.

3 points and grinding out another clean sheet should push up the confidence-oh-meter. Thats 6 already- I think we only had 5 all season last year?

• Like 1

We were poor today. Luckily it was bottom of the league. However we did create a few chances but our shooting was piss poor. Benteke is a shadow of the man he was last year. PL needs to get benteke driving past players with his strength again. Defensively we just kept backing off in the final third

The person who voted for Luna as MOTM, please explain this to me.

Sunderland didn't attack from Luna's side that much.

But no, it wasn't me. Gabby all the way.

I'm so happy! Please people enjoy, don't look for flaws now, not today.

Edited by AVTuco

I'll say something that sums up possession. If you have a gorgeously hot girlfriend for 3 years and the she leaves you for someone else. Who's happiest? The guy who's had her for 3 years or the guy who's knocking the back out of her now? ;)

Excellent analogy.

• Like 2

People need to actually connect possession stats to the performance. We used our 35% way more effectively than they used their 65%. You can't win a match without having the ball, but you can't win it by having the ball most of the time and doing nothing with it either.

We've got the win - hopefully we can start picking up momentum again.

• Like 2

Benteke was obviously not 100% today, but I was encouraged by what I saw. He really put a shift in, and save a goal line clearance, would have had the goal his confidence dearly needs. One goal will open the floodgates for the lad. Hope it comes soon. Lower league opposition in our next game, I'd hope he'd be chomping at the bit for this one. 

I think the manager has bigger problems to address right now. Benteke will not be ready for Sat and either will Vlaar. Both have a chance of Sunderland. Needs to just try and stop the rot by getting a point against Swansea and then hopefully get these guys back and try to get a result or two and get the confidence levels back up. I'm sure it will be at some stage though..

All praise the great oracle HairyHands.

Whoa. Hairyhands is like Jesus or something

So he's either Mexican or fictional?  ;)

Â