• Agbonlahor
    • Albrighton (for Vlaar 70)
  2. 2. Managers tactics

• Very Poor
    • Poor
    • Average
    • Good
    • Very Good

Relief. How did that end up 1-0. We should have scored 4. Great effort by the whole team. I thought Lowton had a vg game both at rb and cb. Agbonlahor motm for me though

I thought Weimann returned to form even if he didn't score.

Not the best performance but certainly a better one than the last few games. Should have won by more, 4 shots on target to their 1 shot on target is a fairer reflection than the possession suggests.

:flag:

• Like 1

When Sunderland go down I would like to buy Ki off Swansea, he is a good player. Like Westwood (passing) but he has more offensive influence as well as being a good tackler etc.

• Like 2

Deserved win. Could have scored 3 or 4 today. Benteke was very unlucky with Bardsley clearing off the line. Albrighton missed a sitter and Delph's shooting wasn't much to write home about.

Gabby was my MOTM. Sunderland are such a rancid club. Horrible manager and group of players. So many bad fouls not given and Colback was lucky not to be sent off. Even Ki was trying to square up to Gabby.

Whilst the goal came from a huge slice of luck, Gabby still finished excellently. My word that referee was dire. He lost complete control of the game.

Don't care about the possession stats as I saw some lovely passing in the second half.

Vital 3 points. I really want Sunderland to get relegated.

• Like 3

great win

thought we actually looked pretty decent once vlaar had gone off which was surprising, think that if benteke and andi were fit / in form and delph / albrighton could finish we'd have hit them for 3/4 more on the counter

delph was poor today, gabby MOTM

tinted glasses, i thought the ref gave them a fair bit! colback should have been booked, was never handball and despite the commentators best efforts he was still offside no matter how marginal it was, gabby's elbow was an accident IMO but i've seen them given

• Like 1

Decent match. While we didn't have a lot of possession, we were very tidy when we did have it. Excellent work rate from Gabby today and Benteke looks like he is finding his feet again. The only disappointing thing for me was the woeful finishing. Should have been at least 3/4 goals by the end. 

• Like 1

When Sunderland go down I would like to buy Ki off Swansea, he is a good player. Like Westwood (passing) but he has more offensive influence as well as being a good tackler etc.

so nothing like Westwood? :P

I thought he was poor Westwood. Even Delph had a below par game. Midfield is a big problem area i hope Lambert addresses this month.

• Like 1

Gabby man of the match, a class apart in application and effort. The ref was letting them get away with murder. In the last 30 mins the counter attack was effective as they pushed forwards, but our finishing was woeful. Benteke is all out of sorts.

3 points, imagine what we could do if we had the ball...

We won. And all it took was a dreadful performance against the worst squad in the league.

We improved as the game went along, we hadn't won in 5 before this, if you expect us to come out attacking you are mad. It was a good win.

• Like 2

Â