• Agbonlahor
    • Albrighton (for Vlaar 70)
  2. 2. Managers tactics

• Very Poor
    • Poor
    • Average
    • Good
    • Very Good

Could / should have had more than the one goal - Benteke unlucky, Albrighton and Delph need punching.

Thought we showed that with our confidence high, we can actually put some passes together.  Weimann was poor, but laid on a peach of a ball to Marc, who fluffed his lines.  He also surprised me by keeping the ball in the corner towards the end, shielding it from the Sunderland players.

Benteke was obviously not fully fit, faded out of the game and, surprisingly came right back into it again. Hope he gets a goal soon.

MOTM - Gabby as he ran Sunderland ragged and riled them up good and proper.

Bacuna looked the best out of the midfield and unlucky not to score after his good run.

Lambert did well shuffling his pack after Vlaar went off - hope he's okay - but 3 points was the most important thing.

• Like 1

Big result for us today.

Gabby was excellent, and benteke was slightly better although clearly lacking in confidence and fitness.

First half we was woeful despite the goal. Second half however much improved.

Weimann was non existent yet again and im wondering if guzan is a big reason for our lack of posession. Rather then passing it or throwing it to a player in defence so we can build possession like the sunderland keeper, guzan just boots it up the field so we struggle to get hold of the ball.

We beat the last placed side...not gonna get to excited about it, but the 3 points are very valuable nonetheless.

Time to open the purse strings, Randy

You can only beat what's put out in front of you. Good performance in difficult conditions.

• Like 3

Fantastic result and a really vital one before the impending humpings by Arsenal and Liverpool

Sounds like we didn't have much of the ball but when we did we carved out some decent counter attack chances

Also sounds like Sunderland did bugger all with their possession which means they must be really really shit if they failed to trouble our defence.

6 points ahead of relegation

Lets hope we get a confidence boosting win against Sheffield UTD and our goal difference doesn't take too much of a battering against the big teams because its very healthy compared to those below us at the moment

When Sunderland go down I would like to buy Ki off Swansea, he is a good player. Like Westwood (passing) but he has more offensive influence as well as being a good tackler etc.

so nothing like Westwood? :P

I thought he was poor Westwood. Even Delph had a below par game. Midfield is a big problem area i hope Lambert addresses this month.

I thought Westwood had a decent game. Delph just keeps losing it too many times.

We beat the last placed side...not gonna get to excited about it, but the 3 points are very valuable nonetheless.

Time to open the purse strings, Randy

Exactly, 3 points is 3 points. If we hadnt beaten them then we'd all be saying how didnt we beat the bottom team.

we grew in confidence at the end and you could see the real Villa at times

The true Tekkers showed up a bit

hope Vlaar was just knackered and not injured.

shocked Delph and Albrighton didn't score those chances, even my nan could have managed it.

what a bad tempered match though, Sunderland fouling like it was a pub football match.

there is hope......

Good result and we were deadly on the counter (except for the finishing). Sunderland had more of the ball but didn't create any chances.

Agbonlahor clear man of the match. Benteke just needs a goal and he'll be a machine again, showed glimpses today but looked low on confidence.

Hopefully Vlaar is fit for the Arsenal game.

Â