• Albrighton (for Vlaar 70)
  2. 2. Managers tactics

• Very Poor
    • Poor
    • Average
    • Good
    • Very Good

GET IN!

wasnt a classic, but we played better i thought, rode our luck, but Benteke, Delph and Albys chances could and should have put things to bed.

Have we rushed Vlaar back? we need a CB badly.

Benteke fair play for putting in a 90 min shift.

Fans were quality as per.

Guzan-7

Lowton-7

Vlaar-7

Baker-7

Luna-6

Westwood-7

Delph-7

Bacuna-7

Gabby-8 MOM

Benteke 7

Andi-6

Alby-6

Tied for 10th, fair play for riding the bad run out and getting 4 from the last 6 points.

Lots of character and lads putting in a massive shift today, also never shirked a tackle and i will give lambo and the lads a ton of credit for winning today.

• Like 2

Loved how Gabby took down that ginger after Baker was injured in the head and they continued playing.

Then waited for said ginger to retaliate and went down spreading all four.

That ended their very dangerous looking attack and got them furious again. Quality Gabby!

• Like 2

Huge win for us and a clean sheet too.

We need to get more of the ball but hopefully in time this will come.

Did Vlaar's injury look like a reoccurence of the calf injury he has been out with?

Great to have Benteke back!

It was certainly his calf.

By god how many chances did we have to kill off the game, great 3 points though.

Couldn't care less about possession when you have the players working their asses off like that, I didn't think the passing, defending was bad at all today and we created so many chances. Our finishing was atrocious though lol

I've voted Benteke as MOTM, whilst he didn't score he won loads of headers, held the ball up a lot and brought others into player as well as creating a few chances for others and himself. Unlucky not to score but honestly he was looking a lot better today. Once he gets that one goal again I think he'll be a real player for us again and help us push further up to 'hopefully' a top 10 finish. We're certainly in the position to do so.

We beat the last placed side...not gonna get to excited about it, but the 3 points are very valuable nonetheless.

Time to open the purse strings, Randy

You can only beat what's put out in front of you. Good performance in difficult conditions.

Plus Sunderland were unbeaten in 5, we have been shit recently, and few teams keep clean sheets at the SoL.

• Like 3

When Sunderland go down I would like to buy Ki off Swansea, he is a good player. Like Westwood (passing) but he has more offensive influence as well as being a good tackler etc.

so nothing like Westwood? :P

I thought he was poor Westwood. Even Delph had a below par game. Midfield is a big problem area i hope Lambert addresses this month.

I was referring to the passing mainly, and the other qualities Westwood has which are okay but not great, Ki is better at.

EDIT: That should be one post, **** off.

Edited by adw95

When Sunderland go down I would like to buy Ki off Swansea, he is a good player. Like Westwood (passing) but he has more offensive influence as well as being a good tackler etc.

so nothing like Westwood? :P

I thought he was poor Westwood. Even Delph had a below par game. Midfield is a big problem area i hope Lambert addresses this month.

I was referring to the passing mainly, and the other qualities Westwood has which are okay but not great, Ki is better at.

EDIT: That should be one post, **** off.

35%

Did well with the players available. High pressing and fighting for every ball is exactly what is needed. 

Should've got another goal or two. 

Just need our injured players to come back and add a couple of experienced players (in the ilk of Vlaar) in defence and midfield. 

Happy New Year

Â