Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

roonst83

Sunderland (remember they are actually pretty crap) could easily fold if we get a quick start like v Swansea and we don't then decide on a post goal nap, I think we are past getting a pasting even without Vlaar. so I predict either a paint-drying/grass-growing 0-0/1-1 or a decent 3+ Villa win.

Pls dont start Tonev Pls start Albrighton, Pls move Luna up or off.

We can and need to be able to win without Tekkers, that said, if he wants to ease himself in with a hat-trick this arvo then thats fine for now.

Loving the optimism MyLord, would love the 3 points too, reckon Tekkers will be back with a bang and will start to turn our season around.

I'm predicting a tight 1-0 win the Villa, Benteke with an injury time winner!

If everyone is fit I'd go for this lineup

Guzan

Lowton          Vlaar               Baker     Luna

bacuna           Westwood        Delph

Benteke        Gabby

Torn between Bacuna and KEA but Bacuna needs an opportunity to play right side of midfield and can offer defensive cover for Lowton           

Hmm that isn't eleven men? Who gets the early red? 

Sunderland duo Adam Johnson and Fabio Borini are doubtful through illness, while John O'Shea has a shoulder problem and will also be assessed.

Defender Wes Brown serves the final game of a three-match ban.

Aston Villa will monitor the fitness of Christian Benteke (knee) and defender Ron Vlaar (calf) as they look to end a run of five games without a win.

Vlaar's possible return would be timely as fellow centre-back Ciaran Clark serves a one-game ban.

4-1 Sunderland

We'll get the first and concede within minutes. All of their goals will come from us giving the ball away under no pressure, except the 4th that will be from a penalty after Baker have hacked down a player after losing him to easily.

Guzan will keep the score down, Delph will toil and Gabby will work hard. KEA will play and do nothing, Westwood will give the ball away and Wiemann will continue to look a shadow of the player he looked last year. Bowery will feature toward the end as we will be chasing goals, he's our go to man for goals, I'm not sure why, maybe I've missed something...

Benteke and Vlaar won't play. Lambert made a similar claim last season about Dunne. During our abysmal December run, our defence were comical and Lambert claimed Dunne was 'close to a return'...positivity ensued (which showed how bad things had gotten) and no signings were made to strengthen the defence (as Dunne would be like a 'new signing'). January came and went, Dunne never played for us again. It was rumoured that Dunne had been nowhere near to fitness. I'm quite surprised people are so sure they'll play, they only started training a few days ago, Vlaar wasn't even training with the squad.

I'm sorry to be negative, but the way things are currently going, being negative just feels like I'm being realistic.

0 points from the next 9 but we'll play well against Liverpool and Arsenal, before playing badly again in the next game...

'tis the season for injuries as well, as if we have't had enough of those already.

Actually, I'm more concerned about Vlaar making the game than Tekkers. The boys head just is'nt where it should be yet and there are options up front, unlike at the back where Rons absence has left a gaping hole.

I don't want to see either of them. They just returned to training a few days ago from an injury that kept them out nearly a month. I doubt they are match fit and even if they are, rushing them back will almost certainly re-aggravate their previous injuries. We should be able to beat the 20th place team with the current squad. 

• Like 1

If everyone is fit I'd go for this lineup

Guzan

Lowton          Vlaar               Baker     Luna

bacuna           Westwood        Delph

Benteke        Gabby

Torn between Bacuna and KEA but Bacuna needs an opportunity to play right side of midfield and can offer defensive cover for Lowton           

Hmm that isn't eleven men? Who gets the early red? 

Oh sorrry i missed Albrighton out