Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

StefanAVFC

Contemplating going for a bike ride today, I have watched every Villa game possible for (barring work and other problems) for the past three years (being careful I don't get a ban) but today I feel like I don't want the stress, I don't want to feel sick and angry and tense.

And right now Villa do that to me.

:(

So I am going to get some fresh air and will hopefully feel better for it.

UTV.

Good on you, enjoy it. If I had anything else to do I'd be out doing it.

Contemplating going for a bike ride today, I have watched every Villa game possible for (barring work and other problems) for the past three years (being careful I don't get a ban) but today I feel like I don't want the stress, I don't want to feel sick and angry and tense.

UTV.

Nothing like supporting your team through thick and thin eh chaps?

I agree the central defence needs someone else, maybe like Ron Vlaar or Jores Okore? Joke that people forgot THEY are our first choice centre half pairing - Clarke & Baker is effectively our 6th!!

Keep the faith - VTID

Yeah that Vlaar injury was something no one could have anticipated ...

• Like 1

UTV.

I don't think it is right to slate individuals for doing either, whether it be skipping games to do other things or going to every game even when we're on an incredible losing streak.

Each to their own and as Phumfeinz said, just enjoy yourself - that is the most important thing, no point making yourself annoyed or stressed, just do what makes you happy. It doesn't make you a better or worse supporter either way.

UTV.

Every time I watch 'my' team lately I end up annoyed and deflated. Should I or anyone be obligated to put ourselves through that? Why?

It's only football. It's entertainment.

UTV.

Thats all part of football - you never quite know whats going to happen. - what were we all thinking 0-1 down against Man City - Equally in times gone by - Ive seen high flying villa sides humbled by lowly opposition. If you can't handle that or it makes you angry - then perhaps give this one a miss. I m always a little sad for an hour or so after we loose - but get some perspective - in the grand scheme things its a bit of fun , something to feel part of - but no one dies if we don't win today.

• Like 1

HH has hinted that kozak is dropped.

Can't say I'm disappointed one bit.

I am, who else is going to score if Benteke isn't back?!
We need players performing well not some lump waiting for a goal to be put on a plate for him.
Pathetic to describe kozak like that. Mr negative.

Think it's time for helenius to get a shot today

Kozak has been shit. A couple of goals gifted to him doesn't change that or help us in the future.

I'd have gabby upfront over him and I'd like to see helenius given a chance.

UTV.

If you see Lambert can you tell him to get on his bike aswell.

If Gardner can't get on over Tonev and Bowery two days ago I will be surprised if he features today.

Would like to see Robinson start up front with Kozak, a surprise package, might get the crowd and other players going. It's too much of the same old shit he needs to find a spark.

But this Lambert, we will be unchanged and lose 3-0 with 1 shot on target and everyone asking if Weimann was even on the pitch.

This what frustrates me about Lambert, get Helenius on and give Gardener a start. If its not working bring them off at 30. Even though were desperate for a win I don't mind a loss today but it needs to be a performance from the team. If we don't see it I think Lamberts time here is finished and I'll start believing he has lost the dressing room.

A villa win.

No matter what the result I would like to see more effort from the team. Its times like this that players need to keep their heads held high and be brave, take chances, run into space, offer for throw ins, corners, take players on, lose the ball.....just get up and try again, chase the ball down............

If its not working then Lambert and has to be brave and make changes, early, not with 3 minutes to go.

If I see this today  then i will back the team and Lambert, regardless of the result and from what I have seen so far so will the majority of fans around me. UTV

would really love to see Helenius given a chance today. I thought buying in a lot of different forwards was supposed to put pressure on the lads performing and seeing as they really haven't it's about time he's given a fair chance. Do or die today, so I'm pretty damn nervous for this game. C'mon Villa!!

• Like 1