Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

StefanAVFC

I feel sorry for all you poor souls who are going to the match. Is there a more depressing sporting arena that is  a cold, dark Villa Park deep in midwinter seeing yet another feeble excuse of a home peformance? I doubt it.

Daft as it may sound, no.

It's our place, and I just love being in the crowd.

I can't profess to looking forward to it, but at 3 p.m. tomorrow, there is no place that I would rather be.

• Like 2

I just can't see us scoring, let alone winning. Swansea have been struggling a bit so a visit to VP will be just what the doctor ordered. 0-3 to Swansea I think.

My team:

Guzan

Lowton Donacien Clark Bacuna

KEA

Robinson Gardner Delph Gabby

Kozak

Edited by Isa

-------------Guzan------------

Lowton Clark Baker Luna

--------------Sylla-------------

Albrighton KEA Delph Tonev

----------Agbonlahor----------

Almost tempted to just say **** it and put out a load of youngsters so they can get some experience as no what what team we put out, we are going to lose anyway because they are all a load of crap. :)

Edited by Tayls

It doesn't matter who we play as long as we continue to play at such a slow pace. We get the ball and allow 11 players to get behind the ball. We try and build from the back and we just can't do it. 

We have to move the ball quicker. I am not saying "hoof ball", but more direct. We need a range of passing that we haven't seen this season from our midfielders and defenders. This suits the attacking players we have, but instead we hope we can pussy-foot our way through opponents.

I know Bannan wasn't everyones cup of tea, but at least he tried to spread the ball around quickly. We need someone in the team who can do that. Delph tries it, but not up to the standard we need. I would give Gardner a go and see if he can do it. Westwood is just too slow, and spend too much time going backwards.

Saying that I would go with?

--------------------------Guzan---------------------------

Herd-------Baker---------------Clark------------Luna

------------Gardner-------------Delph-----------------

Albrighton----------Gabby--------------------Bacuna

-----------------------Weimann-------------------------

I know I will get slated for putting Weimann in, but let's get him in there and get Gabby making his driving runs from behind. I wouldn't mind putting Kozak up top either.

Lawro backed us to beat Palace too. That just makes me even more confident that we will lose, if that is possible.

I thought he had us for a draw that game

Yeah just checked. It was the guy he was facing who backed us to win, my bad.

It really doesn't matter what team we put out when your whole squad consists of players that can't pass 5 yards or move into space.

Lambert may aswell close his eyes and point at a squad sheet to pick the team.

Swansea haven't won in 5 games but you can bet your house that that stat will end at our claret and blue Wendy House.

One thing that is for certain though is we will play with endeavour, effort and hunger, ready (even before kick off) to go again in the next game.

0-3 Swansea

A boring goalless first half, ending with a random streaker twerking with the words Lerner Out on his buttocks. The lads will then be fired up for the second half only for Swansea to score. We'll be desperate for a goal in the last ten minutes, Lambert will bring on his saviour Jordan Bowery. Villa lose, chaos ensues, VT goes into meltdown. The end.

4 losses on the trot with little attacking threat therefore time to just go for it.

Goalkeeper: Guzan

Back 4 of Lowton, Clark, Baker and Luna

Central Midfield: Westwood and Delph

With Gabby,and Tonev down the wings and Kozak and Helenius up top!

Score a goal for us Villa!

Prediction: Villa 0 Swansea 2

4 losses on the trot with little attacking threat therefore time to just go for it.

Goalkeeper: Guzan

Back 4 of Lowton, Clark, Baker and Luna

Central Midfield: Westwood and Delph

With Gabby,and Tonev down the wings and Kozak and Helenius up top!

Score a goal for us Villa!

Prediction: Villa 0 Swansea 2

This made me 'lol'

If we're down or it's 0-0 at half time tomorrow I dread to think about what the atmosphere will be like. I had a bad feeling that we'd end up needing to pick up points from the more difficult games after throwing all of the easy ones away and that's starting to happen now. Need to get something from this, losing 5 on the trot is a very worrying sign and bottom 3 form, we need to turn this around before extra pressure builds. Lose this and we're looking down again, not up.

Lot of birthdays tomorrow  :)

I can just hear Lambert's post match interview now with him saying that we played well for large periods of the game and he can't fault the effort of the players but with all these birthdays it was always going to be a tough ask and we just have to dust ourselves down and go again.

-------------------Guzan------------------

Lowton-----Baker-------Clarke---------Luna

----------------Westwood------------------

----Bacuna------Gardner------Delph-------

------------Kozak--------Gabby------------

I'd actually like to see Bacuna in the middle, but I think Gardner deserves a shot.

So, Bacuna and Delph to provide service from the wings to Kozak and also to provide cover for Lowton and Luna (hence the reason for dropping Albrighton for Bacuna).

Gabbys pace to offer a decent counter attacking option.

Edited by Sunny*Nunny
  • Like 1