Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

StefanAVFC

Okay I'd try switching things up a bit, because, well why not?!

HH any insights on the line up please?

Guzan

Lowton Clark Donacien Herd

Albrighton Gardner Delph

Helenius Gabby Kozak

I can't see much else other than a Swansea win though, a villa win would be amazing and I'd take a draw to stop the rot.

If the players fight for their lives today and show that they do give a shit, then at least it will show they still back Lambert.

If it's another shithouse performance though leading to another loss then I think Lambert should walk.

The bald eagle

Lowton Herd Baker Clark

Bacuna KEA Delph

Albrighton Kozak Agonlahor

Bacuna playing the attacking mid role and sticking to that role. I would also accept Gardner in that spot but I bet Lambert will go back to the 4-3-3 with Westwood in for Bacuna in my XI.

Swansea are in poor form so this is the perfect game for them to bounce back from and pick up a win.

You got a point. Swansea are struggling. It seems as they are having a hard time competing in two tournaments (PL and Europe League). I don't know why, but it seems as they are giving the european challenge a real chance.

Swansea looks a bit tired. Without Nathan Dyer and Michu they are without two key players.

I predict that AV at least gets a draw. The chance of winning the game should be quite good.

I'd go 3-4-3 which most people will hate but the last game we won we played 3 at the back. 

Guzan

Herd         Baker    Clark

Lowton       Westwood     Delph            Luna

Albrighton              Kozak          Gabby

I like this idea PaulC.

Luna or Bacuna?

And I'd put Clark in the middle and Baker on his left side. Best man in the middle.

Swansea are in poor form so this is the perfect game for them to bounce back from and pick up a win.

You got a point. Swansea are struggling. It seems as they are having a hard time competing in two tournaments (PL and Europe League). I don't know why, but it seems as they are giving the european challenge a real chance.

Swansea looks a bit tired. Without Nathan Dyer and Michu they are without two key players.

I predict that AV at least gets a draw. The chance of winning the game should be quite good.

Teams play their way back into form when they visit Villa Park. It is probably one of the first dates other team's look for when the fixtures are released. You are usually guarenteed points playing away to us.

Edited by Isa

Teams play their way back into form when they visit Villa Park. It is probably one of the first dates other team's look for when the fixtures are released. You are usually guarenteed points playing away to us.

I know you are struggling at Villa Park. However

I'm convinced that you're winning this crucial game.

Swansea are in poor form and without Dyer and Michu they lack firepower in front. Swansea likes possession, but I don't see that as a problem. Even if Swansea are up 75/25 in possession that ain't neccessary a bad thing.

It's quite obvious that Swansea don't got the squad to compete domestically and internationally.

As I've seen AV this season you should benefit from counterattacks today. Swanseas central defense is vulnerable when they have to defend.

Hope Lambert chooses a 4-5-1 formation with Agbonlahor as the sole attacker. You're going to need pace up front and from the wingers.

I'd go 3-4-3 which most people will hate but the last game we won we played 3 at the back. 

Guzan

Herd         Baker    Clark

Lowton       Westwood     Delph            Luna

Albrighton              Kozak          Gabby

With all due respect that team looks shit

Can you name a team that doesn't look poor on paper? Ok you can bring Bacuna in for Luna, Weimann or Tonev for Albrighton. Maybe give Gardner a go in midfield, but theres not much else we can do.

Edited by PaulC

I have nothing to do today, so I thought I might take a trip down to somehow cure the boredom, tickets are £28 each in Upper North :lol:

If they want me to go, at least tempt me by lowering the price. I wouldn't even pay half of that given how shite we are.

A loss against Swansea today wouldn't come to a surprise for many Villa fans.

In the league we then have Sunderland away followed by games against Arsenal and Liverpool.

If we lose today there is a realistic possiblity that we could lose 8 league games on the trot!

Call me crazy but I'd still be a little pissed off if we go and win today. Swansea aren't exactly a bad team. We are just so inconsistent. You beat a team like Man City and think thats the kick up the arse we need, and the same with Southampton. 

I don't think I've been this depressed about Villa, since back in the 80's, when we were relegated a season. But even there, I was firm in my belief, it was just for one season.

Now it's all just bleeeewwwhhhh and depressing.

Anyhoo, I think we'll definitely need 3 central defenders to maybe just get a point from a nil nil draw.

The Swans are very vulnerable in their own defence, so maybe ... just maybe ... Gabby will run from them all and score a cracker of a goal. 

*reaching for the glass with Proxac* Happy holidays to my fellow Villains.

Edited by Villain4Life

Me and my 3 lads am going today my oldest's birthday present gotta be honest not looking one bit fwd to the game another shite performance with woeful first touch unable to control the ball with less than 3 touches just **** lambert off and start again truly awful squad not like the big fat Ron teams of old