The R word

villanwesty88

People are so short-sighted Norwich highly unlikely to lose their last four games. The accumulated odds of this happening would be something like 6-1. Yes, that's right, a 1 in 6 chance of them losing all their matches. Even if Norwich do lose all their remaining matches there are other teams that need to be taken into account now!

We are woeful at the moment and don't seem to have a goal in us. We need to play like nutters in the last few matches to get the points we need. To be fair we usually do this when we need a result under Lambert.

So presumably we have those same odds, right? 

Arsenal will be preparing for The Cup Final when they play at Norwich and they are not bad at Carrow Road. Could easily see 3 points in that one.

No point worrying about anyone other team. It's in our hands yes we are poor and it's not looking good but we have 2 massive home games to save ourselves.

I would urge everyone to get down Villa Park and get behind the boys which I know is hard at the moment and roar us on to victory. We can make a difference when we all pull together just look at the Chelsea game or QPR/Sunderland last year.

The time for recriminations is the end of the season. Let's hope we can vent our spleens at what needs to happen with Premier League Football to discuss.

A very wise post.

Edited by supernova26

People are so short-sighted Norwich highly unlikely to lose their last four games. The accumulated odds of this happening would be something like 6-1. Yes, that's right, a 1 in 6 chance of them losing all their matches. Even if Norwich do lose all their remaining matches there are other teams that need to be taken into account now!

We are woeful at the moment and don't seem to have a goal in us. We need to play like nutters in the last few matches to get the points we need. To be fair we usually do this when we need a result under Lambert.

So presumably we have those same odds, right? 

We've already lost 4 on the bounce too so we'd have to lose 9 on the trot to not get another single point, frankly if that happens we deserve to go down.

It's our time.

Four years battling against it. We deserve relegation.

There is nothing about the club that is top division status.

Speak for yourself. You might think we deserve relegation but I don't.

What about out football club is 'Premier League' class?

The fans that turn up week after week for starters.
The owners deserve relegation.
Bollocks.

**** the owners. **** the manager too, and the players. The fans are the club and they've done nothing to deserve this.

I said the owners deserve relegation. Who said the fans and the club do?

Exactly. I'd be absolutely disgusted if any fan wanted to see us go down just to spite the owners.

No fan would want this. If they did they are not a real fan.

Amo69 - thanks for clarifying. Normally I'd have asked you to do so first, emotions are heightened.

I retract my "bollocks" comment.

No worries mate. It's a hard time to be a Villa fan. But I do have this feeling that this season will be as bad as it gets.

Good thing is Arsenal will be likely be still fighting for top 4 on the final day, I just can't see Norwich turning them over in that situation. Of course it's possible if Arsenal have nothing to play for, even if Norwich do win that game we will be safe with 1 draw as Norwich will lose their other three I'm fairly certain.

I'd actually be a little more worried about Cardiff which I didn't expect to be typing as they're comfortably the worst team we've played this season and have seem down for weeks.

Look at their last 4 though....Stoke home, playing well but don't travel well (apart from playing us!) so they could win that and then they have away games at Sunderland (pretty much down) and Newcastle (nothing to play for and rubbish) so they could get 4 points from that.

Would leave them on 36 points and even their last game at home to Chelsea, I don't think they'll be in the title race then and they might be in the champions league final so very possible Cardiff could nick a draw from that.

The most annoying part of this all is that I still thought we would be relegated after the Chelsea game, the odds were 50-1 in some places and I didn't put a £10 on it...

It's the same as the last two seasons. We will be lucky enough to see 3 worse teams than us go. Sunderland look all done to me. Cardiff won yesterday big woop. They weren't going to lose EVERY game. They got a manager who's very confused at times to me it seems in what to do next etc.

Norwich have been poor all season I think they will get a random drawx2 or win some where but they ain't world beaters all of a sudden cause we lost yesterday.

Fair play to Fulham they have momentum now think they'll edge out of it too.

Everyone's forgetting Swansea and WBA to by the way. West Brom scored 6 goals at home lately, leading in both, and got 2 points. Now thst poor form. Swansea are so hit and miss too. Think the game between us and them could be a decider for us both.

We are 14th, table doesn't lie, hence why there's 6 teams below us, they deserve to be there simple as. All 6 ain't going to win or not lose every single game from now to the end of the season.

Think out of the bottom 7 teams, everyone of them (including us) would want to be in our position. It would be very hard for us to be relegated from this position & I still expect a minimum of 3, maybe 4 points between now & the end of the season.

The time for the inquest is, as someone rightly stated, at the end of the season however, I'm now past the point of frustration. Apart from a fantastic run from Everton away to Wigan away last season, we've hit no form at all. We've had back to back wins once, maybe twice & never won 3 on the trot. Just as we see a glimmer of hope (Liverpool away, Chelsea at home) we go on & disappoint. To get 0 points from Fulham, Stoke & Palace tells me all I need to know.

If you keep playing this dangerous gamble of trying to survive on a shoestring, one season it will backfire-It always does. If the Benteke sale really was going to fund next years transfer budget then I despair.

I've never felt so flat in the 2 years Lambert has been here.