The R word

villanwesty88

Well the teams we really need to do badly are Palace, Sunderland, Baggies and Swansea... Whilst hoping Fulham & Cardiff continue their poor results of course..Norwich are our next best hope but could easily catch us.

So far today

Baggies, Palace & Swansea are winning =  As bad as it could have gotten.

So to Sunderland on Monday.. We need them to not win else we absolutely are right back in it.

I don't understand how those three winning is bad for us, it keeps the teams that have looked most likely to go down further away from us (if we're talking about relegation).

I looked at around 6 points maximum for March, which we have achieved. If we had beaten Stoke instead of Chelsea then nobody would be batting an eyelid right now, I think we'll be fine still.

It's all about the last relegation place for me... Would think we are clear of Fulham and Cardiff so the fact Cardiff lost is pretty immaterial... But it means the fight to avoid that 3rd from bottom slot is now catching up with us fast.

Its a fight between Sunderland, Baggies, Norwich, Us, Swansea, Palace & Hull..Our table position is a little flattering at the moment and another week like this will see half those teams level with us. A few too many weeks left of the season for my liking especially as we in effect lose the last 2 games (Man City & Spurs both away).

Just hope Sunderland mess up with their games in hand.

Its Sunderland i've got my eyes on more than anyone else. I think if they do not gain any points with their games in hand (i.e. match our games planned) then they will finish below us. But if we lose next week then we should b bricking it because Palace will easily beat us at their place I feel.

Well the teams we really need to do badly are Palace, Sunderland, Baggies and Swansea... Whilst hoping Fulham & Cardiff continue their poor results of course..Norwich are our next best hope but could easily catch us.

So far today

So to Sunderland on Monday.. We need them to not win else we absolutely are right back in it.

I don't understand how those three winning is bad for us, it keeps the teams that have looked most likely to go down further away from us (if we're talking about relegation).

I looked at around 6 points maximum for March, which we have achieved. If we had beaten Stoke instead of Chelsea then nobody would be batting an eyelid right now, I think we'll be fine still.

It's all about the last relegation place for me... Would think we are clear of Fulham and Cardiff so the fact Cardiff lost is pretty immaterial... But it means the fight to avoid that 3rd from bottom slot is now catching up with us fast.

Its a fight between Sunderland, Baggies, Norwich, Us, Swansea, Palace & Hull..Our table position is a little flattering at the moment and another week like this will see half those teams level with us. A few too many weeks left of the season for my liking especially as we in effect lose the last 2 games (Man City & Spurs both away).

Sunderland have West Ham on Monday and then their April fixtures are Spuds, Everton, Man City, Chelsea and Cardiff. They have a really tough run in next month, they're 9 points behind us, I can't see them catching us for shite.

Fulham are just to far behind to stay up. I would say cardiff will go down also but that's not guaranted because if they put an half decent run together that would take them out the bottom 3. Sunderland have 2 or 3 games in hand but they need 4 points from those games in order for those games in hand to be worth while, or at least 3 points which would take them above albion and out the bottom 3. Can't see hull going down and I think palace will have enough to stay up also, also think swansea are to good to go down. Norwich look in trouble. We look ok at the moment but if we do lose against fulham it will be a very nervous run in.

So far today

Sunderland have West Ham on Monday and then their April fixtures are Spuds, Everton, Man City, Chelsea and Cardiff. They have a really tough run in next month, they're 9 points behind us, I can't see them catching us for shite.

The problem with us is we give every team a chance by messing up games against the likes of Stoke, Wes Ham, Cardiff etc. We need that next win - hopefully Saturday, but I just cant see it. Fulham easily rolled us over at Craven Cottage (albeit with Berbatov) and we are utterly useless at home.

Home games fulham, southampton, hull. I think were looking at 4 points maximum and a minimum of 2. Away games palace,swansea,city,spurs. Maximum 6 and minimum 1 . Fulham is our easiest game for sure, southampton and hull will be difficult as I think hull aint that bad a team. We have a very tough run of away games.

As others have said 38 will be enough. Cardiff would need 13 points from 6 games to beat that, and Fulham would need 15 points from 7 games, both of those things won't happen. West Brom are 5 points behind.

Relying other's results because we can't do the business ourselves is so depressing. We are 8 points ahead of the bottom three (not even worth mentioning the game in hand on Cardiff) with Sunderland having two games in hand. 

Personally think it will be Norwich, Sunderland and us/West Brom going down. 

Relying other's results because we can't do the business ourselves is so depressing. We are 8 points ahead of the bottom three (not even worth mentioning the game in hand on Cardiff) with Sunderland having two games in hand.

Bloody hell... Seen a table lately?

Key part of this quote is 8 points. The only way we are going down is if we get 0 points from our remaining games and even then we'd have a chance. Some of you have overlooked the fact that the teams below are there for a reason- they dont win many games. 1 or 2 might find some form sure, but enough that we get to 18th?

If it makes you feel better go on their forums and see what their fans think. Hopefully we can win next week and surely then even the most worried must believe it wont happen.