What you eatin' there then?

chrisp65

I followed that recipe to the letter @lapal_fan, and it's rubbish. As soon as I poured the custard into the toaster - just after the bit where you said to put the cheese triangles in the cup, there was a loud bang and flash and it went all dark. The toaster was ruined  - it was all crunchy and metallic tasting.

1/10, would not make again - it tasted horrible and the portion was too small.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, blandy said:

I followed that recipe to the letter @lapal_fan, and it's rubbish. As soon as I poured the custard into the toaster - just after the bit where you said to put the cheese triangles in the cup, there was a loud bang and flash and it went all dark. The toaster was ruined  - it was all crunchy and metallic tasting.

1/10, would not make again - it tasted horrible and the portion was too small.

Oooh, sorry to hear that @blandy..  

Next time, make sure you put just the right amount of custard into the toaster.  As I said in my post, it's very much a trial and error recipe.  Next time, you can try digging a hole in your garden (say 6ft deep and 12ft in diameter), put down 13 bags of charcoal, light them, leave them for 5 minutes until ready to cook on (or the steam runs white/see through) and wrap your toaster in foil.  Then simply bury the toaster under the pile of dirt next to the hole.  This uses the grounds VERY OWN geothermal heat to fix your toaster.

Maybe God have mercy on us all,

Lap x x 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

Oooh, sorry to hear that @blandy..  

Next time, make sure you put just the right amount of custard into the toaster.  As I said in my post, it's very much a trial and error recipe.  Next time, you can try digging a hole in your garden (say 6ft deep and 12ft in diameter), put down 13 bags of charcoal, light them, leave them for 5 minutes until ready to cook on (or the steam runs white/see through) and wrap your toaster in foil.  Then simply bury the toaster under the pile of dirt next to the hole.  This uses the grounds VERY OWN geothermal heat to fix your toaster.

Maybe God have mercy on us all,

Lap x x 

Thanks, but what do I do with the left over pickled onion and the herring from your list of ingredients? are they for pudding? Sounds yummy if so.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, blandy said:

Cool, yeah. No probs. Same as usual, then. Thx.

:lol:  

The mental images.. quite provocative. :blink:

Join me next week for Jam sandwiches made from sand and dog dirt. 

Edited by lapal_fan

13 hours ago, Risso said:

That sounds amazing.  Does the fennel come through strongly in that, as it's one flavour that I really don't like.

It does come through, especially if you add fennel seeds, and, as the original recipe says, a glass of Pernod or Ricard.

You could leave all that out, if you prefer not to have that taste in the background.

I usually add some sweet and hot smoked paprika, and that would more than compensate for leaving out the aniseedy flavours.

BBQ pork ribs slathered in two house sauces, one smoky and vinegary, the other piping hot and sweet. Pickle slices and raw blanched onion for a sort of side dish, and all washed back with canned pale ale.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, maqroll said:

BBQ pork ribs slathered in two house sauces, one smoky and vinegary, the other piping hot and sweet. Pickle slices and raw blanched onion for a sort of side dish, and all washed back with canned pale ale.

Christ that sounds good.

• Like 2

ribs to me are the number 1 almost guaranteed disappointment when eating, we as a country just seem to be shit at them both in terms of the quantity/quality of the meat and the cooking process, i watch tv and see people with ribs where big chunks of meat falls off them, order them from a restaurant and do well to scrape a mouthful off

when i was in canada i had them about 4 times in the space of a week, including bison ribs, world away from what we do

cooked them myself a few times with varying success, definitely recommend slow cooking them in the oven with a tray of water underneath 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Xela said:

2 of these sizzling bad boys on Saturday, between the four of us

With a few sides of chips and nans

@mottaloo ;)

photo0jpg.jpg

That looks awesome dude ! I also like how you went for the minimal side salad too !

By the way, what's the green thing to the left of the kebab ?

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, mottaloo said:

That looks awesome dude ! I also like how you went for the minimal side salad too !

By the way, what's the green thing to the left of the kebab ?

Salad is free! That was a stock photo.... I have actual photos of the meal on my phone but too lazy to upload!

The green thing... is chicken! Its just marinated in different spices to the tikka or tandoori stuff. Its not spicy... and I couldn't tell you what it was... but it tastes nice! :D

• Like 1

Â