What you eatin' there then?

chrisp65

I made a pot of savory vegetarian soup.

Browned two minced white onions in olive oil over low heat for 20 minutes. I cried the whole way through. 

Tossed some minced garlic and diced zucchini in there. 

Threw a big can of crushed tomatoes and water into the pot.

Dumped a package of frozen corn and peas in there. 

Boiled 3 carrots, and then sliced them up and chucked them in the pot. 

Two tablespoons of low sodium veggie bullion. 

Two tablespoons of Frank's hot sauce.

Cracked black pepper

Let it sit for 30 minutes on low heat.

Garnished the bowl with fresh asiago cheese.

Easy peasy, you should try making it. Great way to get your veggies quick, easy and tasty.

• Like 1

Cooked a thanksgiving dinner today, never done it before

turkey obviously

baked mashed potatoes with sour cream and philadelphia

sweet potato pie, baked them, peeled them, added sugar and butter, added corn flakes, pecans and marshmallows on top and baked it

green bean casserole, green beans in at I'd say it close to a stroganoff sauce, baked with crispy fried onions on top

carrots in butter, lemon and thyme

stuffing which was crispy bread baked with onion and celery with various herbs and butter

cranberry sauce

it was surprisingly very nice, the sweet potato was great for 3/4 bites, green beans were awesome, thing is it's all good individual bits, stuck on a plate together it's 1) a bit wet (didn't even bother with gravy) and 2) too much of a clash

our Sunday dinner is considered boring but it all works together, there isn't 15 different flavours all fighting each other and textures added for textures sake (although corn flakes and toasted marshmallows were awesome) 

I'd do it again and love to see it done properly but i can see why it's a once a year thing

• Like 1

I've started making the roast for my family now.

Whatever meat, roasted.

Roast potatoes, parboiled, then fluffed up, coated in flour and roasted in lard.

Caramelised roast carrots and parsnips

Cauliflower/broccoli cheese

Roasted curried cauliflower

Homemade onion gravy

Yum

Every time I've seen it done something primal in me simultaneously says 'that's just wrong and a trip to A&E waiting to happen' and 'hmm... Wonder what it's like...'. 

I'd like to try a full Thanksgiving dinner though. Just to say I had.

Today's culinary exploits here are a bolognese, which was fine, and a work in progress treacle tart... Umming and ahhing over a proper tart or to do jam tart size ones that may not actually work... Also the pastry is probably shit.

I remember as walking into work one morning as an apprentice and the head chef was there dashing around the kitchen 2 big striploin sides cut in half, each half in the deep fryer baskets bubbling away, breakfast chef down in the staff canteen asleep, turns out the breakfast chef went to work straight after a house party turned on the big salamander(grill) opened 10 packets of crisps and started grilling them fell asleep on the cold larder counter..... anyway the complements over the beef that day were above normal  

Have been out in Bristol, Za Za bazar all you can eat (great food, all food types).... Then stopped off did some shopping, where I found a KRISPY KREME DONUTS DRIVE THRU w t f!!! Went in, picked me 12 assorted for £12.45 and wow.... I've put a stone on today surely but Jesus Christ, I'm not big on "sweet" but these are addictive. I got them to have a couple and share... But everyone I was with did the same (not the 12 though) 

i am not ashamed to say I have eaten nine bleedin donuts and have three left. Gonna wish I had two arseholes tomorrow with all the food today.

krispy Kreme drive through eh? This redneck gets out sometimes and sees another world.... 

Edited by Midfielder

3 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

Have been out in Bristol, Za Za bazar all you can eat (great food, all food types).... Then stopped off did some shopping, where I found a KRISPY KREME DONUTS DRIVE THRU w t f!!! Went in, picked me 12 assorted for £12.45 and wow.... I've put a stone on today surely but Jesus Christ, I'm not big on "sweet" but these are addictive. I got them to have a couple and share... But everyone I was with did the same (not the 12 though) 

i am not ashamed to say I have eaten nine bleedin donuts and have three left. Gonna wish I had two arseholes tomorrow with all the food today.

krispy Kreme drive through eh? This redneck gets out sometimes and sees another world.... 

thesimpsons-devilandhomersimpson_1162263

as well as 2 michelin star Tom Aikens opening a restaurant in the mailbox its looking like 2 michelin star atul kochhar is opening up one too, they'll be their chain restaurants so not top quality or places that either will ever visit but both places i'll be trying out

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

as well as 2 michelin star Tom Aikens opening a restaurant in the mailbox its looking like 2 michelin star atul kochhar is opening up one too, they'll be their chain restaurants so not top quality or places that either will ever visit but both places i'll be trying out

Atul's stuff has always looked amazing on telly so intrigued to see what that will be like. Any idea when it opens?

37 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Atul's stuff has always looked amazing on telly so intrigued to see what that will be like. Any idea when it opens?

The Tom Aikens one is before Xmas, I don't think the atul one has even been officially announced, it's gone through planning to convert the old Armani shop

• Like 1

Â