What you eatin' there then?

chrisp65

13 hours ago, Midfielder said:

Morrisons own brand onion rings, big bag, and the Taylors Port that was in the Co-0p fr half price at £7.50

I'm real classy me, that's my evening meal, or technically my breakfast too thanks to work

edit, trust me I know my onion rings and these are the best I have tried them all. the orangier the better. these ones, have the ability to stain your stomach lining and that is the test. they pass.

How hard was it to wash your fingers after? If they're caked in the powder then they're normally good onion rings IMO 

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

How hard was it to wash your fingers after? If they're caked in the powder then they're normally good onion rings IMO 

You're damned right. I've tested them all and full marks to morrisons. Green bag, 81p. They're definitely a double wash minimum though, on a par with Chilli Heatwave Doritos for residual aroma. Damn .... Chilli Doritos.... Now I'm getting hungry

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

You're in Bangkok? Fair play. Never been. What does evening entertainment mean, is that code? 

Ha, no, haven't been for a few years. Just reminiscing about the past. 

Nana Plaza is a complex full of strip clubs and bars with scantily clad women (well, mainly women!). Its great for people watching and wasting a few hours!

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

they're opening a cereal killer cafe in brum!

Bullring as well, which I think is strange as it always struck me as a hipster place so would be better suited to Digbeth or Jewellery Quarter 

4 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Please elaborate... Link??

London’s famous Cereal Killer Café, which has proved so popular in Camden and Brick Lane, has announced it is opening a branch in Birmingham.

So if American cereals, Pop-Tarts and cereal cocktails sound like your kind of heaven, then you’re in for a treat

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/birmingham-getting-first-cereal-caf-12014667

• Like 1

Doesn't appeal to me either but I think it's a bit of a coup for the city, it is a bit of a hipster money to burn kind of place and they chose brum for their expansion 

think it will be like five guys, great on paper, glad the city has it but in reality it's expensive and nothing special

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Doesn't appeal to me either but I think it's a bit of a coup for the city, it is a bit of a hipster money to burn kind of place and they chose brum for their expansion 

think it will be like five guys, great on paper, glad the city has it but in reality it's expensive and nothing special

Its great they have chose Brum to the first expansion city out of London. Usually we lag behind Manchester or Leeds (see Gusto, Alchemist and soon to opened Gaucho and Byron Burger) when it comes to expansion cities. 

Edited by Xela

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Its not somewhere I would go, but fair play to the owners. They saw a gap in the market and went for it. 

A cereal restaurant? And this business model works? And doesn't expire as a novelty? It gets regular repeated custom? These hipsters will pay £3 for a bowl of cereal? 

Stump up your half of the cash mate, we are setting up our own hipster fleecing business, I mean cereal shop. Weekly trip to Costco and a weekly trip to the bank. Get a couple of hipsters to work the shop floor, bobs your uncle. You can line manage them though, cheaper legally in the long run. Sorry mate but you're gonna need a top knot to go with the beard, hope you're ok with that. Otherwise they'll figure us out. We can get you some skinny jeans put through as expenses though. I want in on this cereal scam.

• Like 2

It's worse than that...

£4.50 for a large bowl of yank cereal 

£0.40 for your organic milk

£1.20 on 2 different toppings just to make it a bit special

£1.50 for buttered toast

£2.30 for hipster special green tea

breakfast just cost you £9.90 but think of all those cool Facebook pics! Their profit margin must be insane, is what they're doing really any worse than selfridges charging £8 for a box of lucky charms? Selfridges at least got out of it when tesco came sniffing

there is definitely a market for imported sweets, personally I think American sweets are pretty poor and their chocolate is usually garbage with peanut butter thrown in, there was a shop in Worcester though that sold 2 packs of their different pop tart flavours for £1 which I thought was reasonable and cans of proper Mountain Dew, grape Fanta (not a clue why neither or sold here :( ) and a&w root beer for about £1.80 which is ridiculous 

• Like 2

You're hired. Seriously though those prices are a joke. That really sums that hipster shite up and as you said, 100% true about the Facebook pics and selfie crap. Ah well leave them be. It's like a tax, a tax on the stupid. 

As for American sweets, yeah some are ok. Nerds you can get fir a quid in tesco. There's an American candy store here in Cheltenham but at least half their stuff you can get anywhere else but they charge four times the price. I'm no snob but any B&M always has a range of American sweets at more reasonable prices. 

You mention Mountain Dew there, instantly just brought about a Pavlonian reaction, I haven't tasted that for years, well the proper one anyway. I'll think of that while I eat my boring bran flakes.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2016 at 05:16, Midfielder said:

I'll think of that while I eat my boring bran flakes.

Least you haven't paid £3.60 for a bowl of them

8688.jpg?w=300&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f

Can't knock them in a way, saw a niche, went for it, laugh all their way to the bank. I could be wrong and for all we know, those are stick-on beards, they fake the whole act to con their custom and the one on the left is 90% less of a bell end than what he appears to be.

Three pound bloody sixty eh... Jesus Christ.

Since I'm here, 'what you eatin' there then?'... tonight, I am mostly eatin' chicken fried rice, curry sauce, bbq ribs and the obligatory free prawn crackers. Guaranteed, the leftovers will be my breakfast. Some good eatin', I'm real classy, me.

Edited by Midfielder
  • Like 1

I've had chicken and potatoes. I don't think I could have had a more bland, boring meal but my stomach isn't great at the minute so a vindaloo was out of the question.

I have had a pistachio magnum though, and as the kids would say, its da bomb!

Â