What you eatin' there then?

chrisp65

13 hours ago, mottaloo said:

And there's me expecting this to be about your latest desi pub adventure :(

I wish! 

Hopefully soon :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Had a 5 guys on Saturday in London.  2nd time I've had one - both times just greasy tod on a bun.

Absolutely rubbish.

I've only had one but it was amazing to be honest.

However, and I'm not normally one to moan about price, two burgers, two portions of chips and two drinks set me back £28.

That's not fast food prices. That's restaurant prices.

• Like 2

Just now, Stevo985 said:

I've only had one but it was amazing to be honest.

However, and I'm not normally one to moan about price, two burgers, two portions of chips and two drinks set me back £28.

That's not fast food prices. That's restaurant prices.

Yea, that too.

I had a bacon cheeseburger, the wife had a small cheese burger with "small" fries/drink.

So 1 meal, one burger and it cost £22

We knew the amount of fries you get will kill you young, so we shared the drink and fries.

The chips are tod, the burgers are tod and the drink is ok because it's refillable.

10 out of tod.

Actually we were the same with the chips, I think we shared, so that £28 might have been for 2 burgers, 2 drinks and one portion of fries.

**** that. If I'm paying that I want it served to me. On a plate.

I've only been once, I loved the fries, but thought the burger was just ok. It's better than your usual fast food place, but I'd probably pick a GBK or Handmade Burger Company burger over it. If people are ever in Nottingham, Annie's Burger Shack is a must.

1 hour ago, choffer said:

Byron Burgers every time for me. 

**** Byron.

They entrapped their own workers, who happened to be illegal immigrants, by ordering them in for a fake health and safety meeting and handing them over to be arrested by the home office.

Eds Diner > 5 guys.

Five guys is just a bog standard burger you pay 3 times as much for.

Eds diner isn't great either but its better than five guys plus the shakes are on an 'elixir for a god' level.

Everywhere tries so hard with burgers, artisan crap, weird crap or cheap crap, word of mouth, street ford vendors and food blog recommendations, I have tried pretty much all of them at vastly differing price points yet all pale to the simple bacon double xl with cheese from BK. I actually get bored of saying it but its THE best burger you can buy. 

The second best I've had is the normal chicken burger from Olive Oil & Oregano at the food court merry hill. Its sublime.

Edited by Ingram85

10 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Eds Diner > 5 guys.

Eds diner isn't great either but its better than five guys plus the shakes are on an 'elixir for a god' level.

Everywhere tries so hard with burgers, artisan crap, weird crap or cheap crap, word of mouth, street ford vendors and food blog recommendations, I have tried pretty much all of them at vastly differing price points yet all pale to the simple bacon double xl with cheese from BK. I actually get bored of saying it but its THE best burger you can buy. 

The second best I've had is the normal chicken burger from Olive Oil & Oregano at the food court merry hill. Its sublime.

The best burger I've had is at a foot cart turned restaurant in Lodz called Gastromachina.

Incredible burgers.

18 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Eds Diner > 5 guys.

I agree with everything except the BK bit. If a Burger King burger is the best you've had then you can't have had many burgers.

19 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Eds Diner > 5 guys.

BK make great burgers. 

• Like 1

Â