What you eatin' there then?

chrisp65

If you're ever in Cardiff and fancy a good ruby, do yourself a favour and get down to the Purple Poppadom

The lamb shank with mint ice cream was amazing but pretty much anything you order will be special. Seriously considering driving from London regularly just to go eat there.

• 3 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

hickories in kingswinford is on fire, started around 3am, the 449 is still shut because of it, 12 crews there...from the photos ive seen its down to the ground

was finally going there sunday

:( 

I've been there 3 times since it opened... This is an absolute tragedy.  This is way worse than anything else happening in the world right now.  

Their blueberry lemonade... gone forever.. :( 

• 3 weeks later...

Treated myself tonight. There is this new Northern Italian place that opened nearby, I had their antipasto dish of asparagus with pecorino cheese and lemon zest. Nice. Ended up at a Japanese place and got their grilled brussels sprouts in fish sauce, cilantro and mint, and a side dipping sauce of garlic/chili.....and a monster plate of tuna sushi with avocado, almond slices and some zesty kind of drizzle on it. Cue David Seaman jokes..

It  was between 3 of us and we didn't finish it all but we're given cartons to take it away in. Very tasty indeed !

Was there last Saturday lunchtime , place was full of man ure plastics who luckily for us, cleared off en masse at the final whistle....back to Smethwick :rolleyes:

Edited by mottaloo
Spelling error
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Most of the reviews say it's packed and takes a while to get food, do they do a decent take away too?

Depends when u go. I found that 6pm till 8pm even mid-week can be busy (ie, traditional tea times) but 3pm on a Saturday it was a breeze. 

It is worth the wait though.....and the takeaway option seems popular too. The thing is, I think it's a sign of a good place to eat if it's usually popular. There are other desi pubs near the red lion now so they've had to step up their game and stay competitive with quality of food etc. 

That looks good @mottaloo 

The Red Lion is on the 'to do' list. Next up for my mixed grill club is The Sportsman in West Brom. Last place I tried was Keg & Grill in Brum city centre. I really liked it. Portions were a bit smaller and the price was a little bit more but that's the city centre premium you pay

Top one for me so far... New Talbot in West Brom. 

I don't eat lamb so I like more than just chicken on my grill so if any place does fish pakoras on the grill then its a winner for me :)

Â