What you eatin' there then?

chrisp65

Anyone like tipping a bag of crisps into soup?  I do it all the time and think it's really nice, but the wife thinks it's rank. All I will say is try it, it's the future!  Well maybe not, but salt and vinegar crisps in Heinz vegetable soup is mega. 

13 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Anyone like tipping a bag of crisps into soup?  I do it all the time and think it's really nice, but the wife thinks it's rank. All I will say is try it, it's the future!  Well maybe not, but salt and vinegar crisps in Heinz vegetable soup is mega. 

Im surprised you have a wife after doing that!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Uncle Albert said:

Im surprised you have a wife after doing that!

Haha, she's in agreement mate, but sadly stuck with me for the kids sake *edit* she says :D.  Unbelievable! 

Edited by ferguson1

Sausage bap from spoonys this morning. 2 fat sausages, one roll and refillable coffee - £1.69.

Can't argue at that

Better value then paying £5 for Honey Nut Loops with soya milk at the cereal killer cafe!

I bought a red pepper, a white onion, garlic, and baby portobello mushrooms, and fried them up good and sticky in olive oil. Tossed in some sliced cherry tomatoes and basil, and a jar of marinara sauce and let it simmer. I boiled linguine and plated some up with a big spoonful of sauce. Grated some asiago on top, washed back with a nice cheap California cabernet. Feeling content right now. 

Edited by maqroll

Went to The Sportsman in West Bromwich last night for dinner. Doesn't look much from the outside but the food is spot on. 2 mixed grills between the four of us. Meat sweats followed!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, maqroll said:

I bought a red pepper, a white onion, garlic, and baby portobello mushrooms, and fried them up good and sticky in olive oil. Tossed in some sliced cherry tomatoes and basil, and a jar of marinara sauce and let it simmer. I boiled linguine and plated some up with a big spoonful of sauce. Grated some asiago on top, washed back with a nice cheap California cabernet. Feeling content right now. 

sounded good until you said jar of marinara sauce 

• 3 weeks later...

For the next 6 weeks I will be mostly eating...Greggs festive bakes...

love the Christmas stuff for dinner, although I had a rubbish ham and wendsleydale sandwich from morrisons yesterday, still waiting for the turkey, bacon, sausage, stuffing and cranberry ones to come out

1 minute ago, Sid4ever said:

Sunday Roasts?  Yes or No, could not believe the queue at McDonalds today when I drove past and it was not all grandparents and grand kids.

Personally it is a yes from me.

I like them but living alone not really worth the hassle to do just for myself. However, If I go out on a Sunday for some food, then its a definite yes!

• Like 1

Â