What you eatin' there then?

chrisp65

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

In Istanbul, I have had a mega mac, a double Big Mac, it was awesome, McDonald's here I had that as a large meal, the missus had a spicy chicken thing large meal, £8, they do a special deal large normal Big Mac meal and 6 nuggets for £4

and before anyone gets judging me on eating McDonald's rather than local cuisine trust me I am smashing kebabs down me, it's getting daft, best one I've had so far was an iskender kebab which was basically doner meat (proper stuff here, less processed) served in like a tomato ragu over bread that's gone soggy with the sauce and a dollop of yogurt on the side, I'll definitely be trying that when I get home 

Late night food:

Islak hamburger

Patso

Tantuni

Cig Kofte

Try a plate of karisik kofte too.

Chinese tonight. Was just browsing the menu for something different. Anyone have the foggiest what Yuen Yeung Chicken is? Even Google doesn't seem to know 

3 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Late night food:

Islak hamburger

Patso

Tantuni

Cig Kofte

Try a plate of karisik kofte too.

I've seen the tantuni about and wish I'd done it but don't think I'll have time, I go home tomorrow night, got tomorrow in Asia, I've had a few kebabs but want to try a proper non processed lamb one before going home, done a kofte, haven't even seen a islak hamburger, have been enjoying backlava but it swings wildly, had some near galata bridge this morning which was 3 pieces 1 tea for 7tl then had some near my hotel in sultanahmet this afternoon for 3 pieces, 2 teas 22tl, just got in from a meal and a drink its desperate out here, there's no one about

I tend to be l aning towards ottoman cuisine been some good surprising stuff on it, tonight I had lamb with a walnut paste with some rosemary sauce, the missus had and I've done this before at home and it's awesome, deep fried ravioli 

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/02/2017 at 18:49, sidcow said:

Chinese tonight. Was just browsing the menu for something different. Anyone have the foggiest what Yuen Yeung Chicken is? Even Google doesn't seem to know 

Yueng chicken is like a chicken fried rice dish

kung po is my go to Chinese dish at the moment but I've bought a bag of Sichuan peppercorns, incredible stuff, lots of flavour, spicy and numbs your mouth in a really weird way

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Xela said:

Thai Edge has closed in Brum.

Shame. I had my first ever sticky rice there and it used to be my go to place with the ladies.

Hadn't been there for a good few years mind.....ah well, guess i'll stick to desi pubs :D

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Shame. I had my first ever sticky rice there and it used to be my go to place with the ladies.

Hadn't been there for a good few years mind.....ah well, guess i'll stick to desi pubs :D

Sticky rice followed by sticky fingers no doubt! ;)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Xela said:

Sticky rice followed by sticky fingers no doubt! ;)

Not as much as I'd have liked, despite always picking up the bill :wacko:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Discovered passata, it's basically somewhere in between a tin of chopped tomatoes and a tin of tomato soup

so far tried it with grated onion, garlic paste, chorizo, harissa paste

awesome stuff

You only just knew about it!? I use it instead of chopped for everything with a tomato base. So much better.

3 hours ago, choffer said:

The undisputed king of the crisp.

Unknown_zpstjhlywgb.jpg

Walkers weakest crisp (along with Roast Chicken)

Salt & Vinegar, Worcester Sauce or Prawn Cocktail please

Â