What you eatin' there then?

chrisp65

Had a paneer vegetable vindaloo last night. My taste buds loved it. My body hates it. 

Random question, but how often do you generally purchase takeaway? 

I'm a once-a-week kinda guy and feeling like it's a bit much. 

Edited by PieFacE

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Had a paneer vegetable vindaloo last night. My taste buds loved it. My body hates it. 

I was going to post this same question the other day. We try and have one a week at weekends, but sometimes we have one in the week too. So one or two a week. I enjoy takeaways and I also love eating out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PieFacE said:

once a week, on cheat day

4 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I can go months without then maybe 3 times in a week. Averages out at 1 a month I'd guess. 

My waistline suggests its more than that 

• Like 1

Had a pizza and a pint in a restaurant for lunch. Lets say I wasn't too productive in the office this PM!

I need a nap. 

I'm chippy once a week, Chinese or Indian probably once a month, kebab house pretty much every time I get drunk

tea tonight was slow cooked beef brisket from yesterday (poured over a fajita spice packet and cooked at 140 for 6 hours) with an artichoke, olive, green pepper and mint salad with some feta / cream whipped side which I put some paprika in with then a honey and lime dressing

id have binned the lot if you'd have stuck a bag of chips in front of me

• Like 3

Max once a week for me, but I'm like Xela, I can go weeks without one.

I have a mate who is pretty trim now, but in his late teens he was getting very overweight (he's younger than me so wasn't that long ago)
Had a drunken chat with him a few months ago and asked him why he thought he got so overweight. Was it stress? Was it breaking up with his gf? Was it a new job?

His answer was something like

"I love food and I was a greedy ****. My mom used to make me dinner, then I'd pretend I was going to see my girlfriend but instead I'd buy a KFC, a chinese and then I'd sit in my car in the car park dipping the chicken in the chinese until i'd eaten the lot. This was probably 3 or 4 times a week"

:D

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 3

On 10/04/2017 at 18:24, Xela said:

I can go months without then maybe 3 times in a week. Averages out at 1 a month I'd guess. 

My waistline suggests its more than that 

Yep ditto... I eat healthy for a few week, then normally when hung over have a take away, and the following week will proceed to have every style of take away...the back to being healthy for a few weeks.....so probably averages around 1 a fortnight.

Talking of take away style though...went to an all you can eat buffet in West Brom (Red Leaf) this evening. Really good, the food was regularly restocked so you know it is fresh. Plus it was really flavourable, chilli wings and tikka chicken pieces were the stand out.

by day, I'm professional, reasonably senior job, wouldn't stick out much... Average guy you wouldn't even notice....

Finish work and I'm a total and utter redneck, tunes, pints, half naked, tandoori chicken kebab driven out here rapidly , and me getting sunburned (and fat) with each minute that passes. Ice cream to follow, if I don't have heart attack prior

1414p6x.jpg

2 hours ago, Midfielder said:

by day, I'm professional, reasonably senior job, wouldn't stick out much... Average guy you wouldn't even notice....

But I thought you were the red headed step child?

cheeky git. 

Oh and too much info as they say, but fk it, had gallbladder out month or so ago and holy crap... well yeah you get the idea, big mistake. Plus side , have prob lost a stone in last hour. Should market this, the next Atkins. 

• 2 weeks later...

made a chicken Parmesan

flattened a chicken breast, floured, salt, pepper, egg wash, i didnt have any bread crumbs and i used my panko crumbs earlier in the week so i ended up crumbling some rice crackers and coating it in that, surprisingly worked really well, shallow fried it for 2 minutes each side to brown it, made a tomato sauce from fried onions, garlic, half a tin tomato soup, bit of tomato paste, chilli powder and oregano, then for the cheese i did philadelphia, grated cheddar and some powder parmesan mixed together, cheese on top of chicken on top of sauce in the oven for 10 minutes, bit of spaghetti on the side

unbelievable jeff

• Like 1

I tried to be good at my hotel tonight and ordered a Cobb Salad for dinner. 

What appeared in front of me was the biggest salad I have ever seen, covered in dressing, blue cheese, bacon, chicken and egg. 

I couldn't finish it. I don't "not finish" meals.

Bloody Americans. 

(To be fair it was **** delicious)

A spaghetti dish with sauteed portabello mushrooms, onion, cherry tomatoes, black olives and basil pesto, mixed up with olive oil, garlic and white wine, dash of salt and a crack of ye olde pepper mill. A bottle of cheap Argentinian Malbec to wash it down...game set and match.

On 4/12/2017 at 15:54, Midfielder said:

had gallbladder out month or so ago and holy crap... well yeah you get the idea, big mistake. 

I may have missed a joke here, but why would a bladder op be a mistake?

Â