What you eatin' there then?

chrisp65

I have to say I live close to two chippies and neither of them are great so it may just be that.  I liked it backpacking in Australia where they had fish mongers that were also chippies, so you could choose your fish and have it fried for you.  Dunno if there are places over here that do it, I've certainly never seen one.

Not sure why the cheese is Swiss to be honest, still tastes good though!

I love strong cheddar, the Cornish Cruncher from M&S is decent...so strong it sometimes makes my face itch, I must be slightly allergic?

The St Agur with some poppy seed crackers is also VERY moreish.

Sutton farmer's market every 2nd friday of the month in gracechurch parade. Fowlers cheese stand does an extra, extra mature cheddar & it piddles all over these so called X rated, wrapped in black/red wax you get in supermarkets. It's a bit crumbly but otherwise has the texture of a regular cheddar. It is sooo strong I have to keep it in a tupperware box cos it stinks out the fridge ! The taste makes you feel like the roof of your mouth has been scratched and the tang...........oh boy, the tang !!

Not cheap but I doubt you'll find stronger cheddar out there

Prawn dim sum for breakfast, from M and S. Tasty, but a far more punchy flavour than the dim sum I had in China.

Anyone ever tried xiao long bao? Had it in Shanghai, and apparently you can get it in Brum Chinatown, but unless it's near as good I'm reluctant to try it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OK live update for everyone. Turns out the kebab is off the hook. Four other people I went out with have all come down with the same thing today. Only common factor is eating at ONeils while watching the Chelsea game.

Think I'll still keep clear of Kebabs for a while cant say I enjoyed it second time round...

Â