What you eatin' there then?

chrisp65

On 16/09/2015 at 20:38, lapal_fan said:

Yea, from you!

Mary Berry is F.I.T!

imagine those athritis ridden hands stroking your face down to your balls..

I was enjoying this thread and was going to make my first post to tell you about my breakfast, but then I read the above and my day (and appetite) has been ruined.

Good day to you.

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

From today onwards, I think I shall stick to celery sticks.  Think I put on about half a stone over the last 3/4 weeks!

Xmas is not a good time for my body :(

Yep same.

I was trying to put on a certain amount of weight over winter anyway, but christmas put it into overdrive. I'm scared to look at the scales :D

A sensible couple of months to follow now

I'm a big chap anyway and have always been in denial about my weight. Used to be a rugby player and when I was 18 I clocked 14.8sec doing the 100m. Now I'm 28 and gradually losing the weight I put on from heavy drinking...but now I need to start watching what I eat. Doctor told me I was 18months from having diabetes so I packed in everything and lost over 9 kilos in as many weeks. Since leaving Turkey and moving to Bulgaria I've gone back to my old habits, few beers with dinner a bottle of wine with a film followed by pizza and a bag of crisps. Now especially with Christmas I just went mental.

Now I'm down about my weight lost all motivation to push on with my diet and generally feel like crap.

So...what can I eat as alternatives to snacking? What should I do for breakfast in place of a bowl of cereal and peanut butter on toast. Should I cut pasta? What about bread? I don't eat white bread I make my own rye bread at home...

Any tips would be appreciated.

Fruit is a good start, it's quite filling, mega cheap and healthy. 

Also, I eat 3 weetabix with a drizzle of honey and a banana every day at 9.30 (at work anyway).  It keeps me full until 1, where I'll have a sandwich, then I'll be full until tea.

Or, my wife eats little and often, and she's in pretty good shape. 

Just remember exercise. 

If only I could heed my own advice :(

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

I'm a big chap anyway and have always been in denial about my weight. Used to be a rugby player and when I was 18 I clocked 14.8sec doing the 100m. Now I'm 28 and gradually losing the weight I put on from heavy drinking...but now I need to start watching what I eat. Doctor told me I was 18months from having diabetes so I packed in everything and lost over 9 kilos in as many weeks. Since leaving Turkey and moving to Bulgaria I've gone back to my old habits, few beers with dinner a bottle of wine with a film followed by pizza and a bag of crisps. Now especially with Christmas I just went mental.

Now I'm down about my weight lost all motivation to push on with my diet and generally feel like crap.

So...what can I eat as alternatives to snacking? What should I do for breakfast in place of a bowl of cereal and peanut butter on toast. Should I cut pasta? What about bread? I don't eat white bread I make my own rye bread at home...

Pasta is fine. Switch to brown pasta if you can. 

Your breakfast sounds fine, although it depends on what cereal it is, and peanut butter is.

It depends on the person. I personally went through a stage of not eating any bread, because it was my nemesis. I could put away 5 slices of toast without blinking.

I'm a big advocate of calorie counting. Some people hate it, but if you're serious about losing weight it's the way to go.

Some people can "cut down" and lose weight. But if you're like me then you still eat too much, you just fool yourself into thinking you're cutting down.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Portion control.

Eat what it says on the back of packet not what you think is right by eye. At the beginning you will think it looks like a tiny portion however after you eat it you wont be hungry. After a week or so it will just seem normal.

Edited by villaglint
  • Like 2

I'm cutting back as well. By eliminating beer/ale, biscuits, chocolate and take aways, I should see results.

Not dieting per se, just eating healthier 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

I stopped eating toast with butter for breakfast. I eat oatmeal with banana slices instead. Also, no more sugar in my coffee and water instead of orange juice. Just changing my breakfast habits was really helpful. I lost 10 lbs. in 2 months.

• Like 1

My first attempt at home made chicken balti* pie, it was amazing. 

The pastry looks a bloody mess, it was harder than I thought, no less delicious though!

*ok, vegan chicken-alternative.

Edited by Davkaus

I took sugar out of coffee and tea last year (also milk out of coffee)........when I left home at 18 my mom was putting 3 spoons in to my tea she still does when I go home to visit [emoji20]

When I stopped having sugar in my tea at work it was a conversation point for about 3 years, stopped about 8 years back and people still ask me now

And I'm guilty of that very British problem of considering people who have sugar in tea as an indication of low intelligence, ever since I stopped I went full on tea snobbery, anyone who puts the milk in first can GTFO

• Like 1

My sister recently lost a stone in a couple of months just by stopping drinking coke.

I was mildly surprised until she told me she drank "a few" pints every shift (she works at a restaurant).

People really don't realise how bad certain things are for you.

It's my New Years resolution and I've properly got the itch already, I'd drink a couple of cans a day in the week and then smash 2 x 2l bottles over the weekend, I've gone out on a night as a designated driver and matched rounds in pints of coke, got to around 6 before deciding it was enough

It's not just the weight, it's my teeth, my skin, my breath...

Done a couple of months before and it crept back in

The baker this morning who I got that quite delicious Danish off, said in quite a loud voice in a fairly full shop " jaysus your losing a bit of weight are you on the gear ".......I just said yes and what of it ........I haven't really lost any weight but have consciously took sugar out of a lot of my diet ...bakery good only are had after a 10k the day before I swear ...:D

Edited by Meath_Villan

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

It's my New Years resolution and I've properly got the itch already, I'd drink a couple of cans a day in the week and then smash 2 x 2l bottles over the weekend, I've gone out on a night as a designated driver and matched rounds in pints of coke, got to around 6 before deciding it was enough

It's not just the weight, it's my teeth, my skin, my breath...

Done a couple of months before and it crept back in

Can't you just switch to Coke Zero?

That's what I drink now if I want a fizzy drink. More or less the same taste and no sugar.

Â