What you eatin' there then?

chrisp65

I can't stand regular coke .... makes my teeth feel like they are about to fall out. Disgusting stuff! 

Diet Coke / Coke Zero are good with me though.

Got a smoothy maker for Christmas, my breakfast now consists of 1 bannana, 1 apple, hand full of blackberrys, hand full of raspberrys, couple of handfulls of spinach and 50g of protein. Looks absolutely disgusting, kinda tastes quite nice! 

as a vegetarian who often gets dragged to korean restaurants in asia which is 99.99% meat on bbq, kimchi fried rice (with egg obv) is the GOAT food. Cant believe how much i love this . Kimchi needs to become big in the western world. Def recommend

i still facepalm when i asked here about giving up coke because of calories and not realising coke zero meant 0 calories.

Edited by gharperr

1 hour ago, gharperr said:

i still facepalm when i asked here about giving up coke because of calories and not realising coke zero meant 0 calories.

yeah i saw something on it where blokes in yankland wouldnt touch diet coke because of years of them marketing it towards women (which to be fair they do) so they had to come up with coke zero (and by come up with i mean rob the idea off pepsi max)

30 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

yeah i saw something on it where blokes in yankland wouldnt touch diet coke because of years of them marketing it towards women (which to be fair they do) so they had to come up with coke zero (and by come up with i mean rob the idea off pepsi max)

That's not true. Well I suppose it might be true in how they marketed it, but I don't think that's how/why they came up with it.

Diet Coke is zero (more or less) calorie cola, but it tastes significantly different.

Coke Zero is the same thing but it attempts to taste the same as full fat cola.

(same with diet pepsi/pepsi max)

Blind taste test a whole bunch of cola, including naff brands like Virgin or Morrisons, it's a revelation.

Pepsi Max wins more than it's fair share, full fat Coca Cola didn't win once (massive sample size of 11 people for my nipper's science project). Ubuntu cola came 8th out of 8 every single time.

I don't know why Coke Cola, of any variety is more popular than Pepsi.  I know they won a huge contract in the war, but it's proof that brand recognition is more important than what people are actually buying.

Apple is the same.

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

I don't know why Coke Cola, of any variety is more popular than Pepsi.  I know they won a huge contract in the war, but it's proof that brand recognition is more important than what people are actually buying.

To paraphrase a Rich Hall:

"I'll have a Coke."

"We don't have Coke, is Pepsi OK?"

"Yeah, whatever. It's the same thing."

To paraphrase Hermes Conrad: 

"I'll get a Horse Burger, Horse Fries, and a Horse Coke"

"Horse Pepsi OK?"

"Neigh,"

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Apple is the same.

Na I'm not a fan of Pepsi (in pubs it doesn't count as that all tastes crap), the taste isn't anywhere near as good as Coca Cola, Coke Zero for me tastes same as normal but as others say Diet Coke sucks

3 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Apple is the same.

I don't think its always brand recognition. I've tried both and prefer Coke. I don't think the full sugar stuff but given the choice between Coke Zero and Pepsi Max then its an easy choice. I'd take Pepsi Max over Diet Coke though.

• Like 1

Brand recognition is a factor in pretty much everything that anyone buys ever.

The Aldi/Lidl phenomenon is interesting. Even though there seems to be a genuine consumer drift to them, away from the 'big' supermarkets, almost all their generic products ape well-known packaging (and product naming) to an incredible degree. So much so that I'm surprised they don't get sued for it.

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

The Aldi/Lidl phenomenon is interesting. Even though there seems to be a genuine consumer drift to them, away from the 'big' supermarkets, almost all their generic products ape well-known packaging (and product naming) to an incredible degree. So much so that I'm surprised they don't get sued for it.

She who shall not be named has just started at Aldi as a buyer.

That's exactly how they do it. They make no secret about it either.

The truth is, a hell of a lot of stuff you buy from Marks and Spencers or Waitrose is, literally, exactly the same stuff that you buy from Lidl or Aldi. All that differs is the packaging and the shop that sells it.

That's Aldi's entire strategy really, to convince people that what you buy at Aldi is the same as what you buy at more expensive shops. And in the majority of cases they're not lying.

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

She who shall not be named has just started at Aldi as a buyer.

That's exactly how they do it. They make no secret about it either.

The truth is, a hell of a lot of stuff you buy from Marks and Spencers or Waitrose is, literally, exactly the same stuff that you buy from Lidl or Aldi. All that differs is the packaging and the shop that sells it.

That's Aldi's entire strategy really, to convince people that what you buy at Aldi is the same as what you buy at more expensive shops. And in the majority of cases they're not lying.

This .......Bakery in meath that has now gone called "john spicers" made the bread for lidl in ireland (seen it been made and packaged with my own eyes)

Tea for lidl in ireland is made by robt roberts exact same tea used (again factory tour :P seen with my own eyes) ......yet both products were sold at less than half the "branded" value 

Â