What is your experience of mental health?

AstonMartyn88

9 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

A bit of that, plus being reliant on Ubers, not knowing my way around, not having any control of the situation.  Plus manic airports . Also meeting someone fairly famous in BB’s circles when we are there. Makes me nervous.

Where you going rob ?

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

This is how stupid my anxiety is. Got my first day back at work out the way and generally feeling good. Missus come back from picking kids up and she’s had good day back at work too. Then we are just nattering in living room and she says if I die you’ll get X amount from her work place and pension etc. I thought nothing of it then she said I don’t think I’m going to live long I had a premonition the other day that I won’t make old age. She  weren’t all worried about it, but the conversation has sent me crashing down and feeling crap. Then she starts going on about our old neighbour who’s dog has got cancer. I thought **** me this is great, anything else you want to talk about. 

Remind me not to ask your missus to cheer me up! ;) 

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Going on holiday next Monday and I'm anxious as ****.

Should be looking forward to it but probably looking forward to coming home more, that's the inherent depression resurfacing.

Must try not to be shitty or I'll ruin it for the wife.

You'll be fine once you are there. I was anxious on my last long haul trip, but once I got there, it was all good. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Not saying this is the total answer, but how about the distraction of online dating ? Despite you being in sales, you are a decent lad even if we've never met, I get that good bloke vibe from you. Yes, online dating can be a ball ache but worth giving it a go as too much work and little play is not good for you.

I am assuming you are single, of course....

Its an option mate, but just not sure i'm in the right head space for it. Then again...

jay-in-betweeners.gif

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Santa Monica CA

Bloody hell mate, what a place to go. I’d be anxious of the flight that’s it but I get why it might seem a bit OTT for you. Your wife got friends out that way then? 

• Like 1

My grandads dad left Birmingham many years ago and went to Toronto in Canada to start a new job. My grandad was left behind with his grandparents as his mum died of TB when he was about 8. Having went to Toronto he then left there and went to work in the movies in Hollywood where he’d send my grandad photos of some of the movie stars he met whilst working there. He lived on Santa Monica boulevard. Unfortunately he ended up hanging himself over there and is buried over there too. 

• Shocked 1

48 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Bloody hell mate, what a place to go. I’d be anxious of the flight that’s it but I get why it might seem a bit OTT for you. Your wife got friends out that way then? 

No, I have although we’ve not met obviously in real life.

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

No, I have although we’ve not met obviously in real life.

Got ya , online dating. Well fair play to you mate and take plenty of Vaseline with you. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Santa Monica CA

If it helps Rob, I've been to Santa Monica and it's one of the most chilled out places I've ever been. The rest of LA is hectic as ****, so the journey from the airport to Santa Monica might not be the best, but Santa Monica itself is extremely relaxed.

It's also pretty easy to get around. Ubers/taxis are aplenty, cheap, and the massive wide roads and grid system makes it a doddle.

Also they have escooters all over the place there. I know I know, our opinion of them over here might not be the best. but over there, the roads are so huge they have massive dedicated bike lanes all over the place that you can ride the scooters on and it's an easy and cheap way to get round (fun too!).

Dunno if any of that will help, but I bet you end up having a great time. It's a really cool place

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Had to go get my prescriptions. The pharmacy is visible from my house. Halfway there started to panic. Kept going. Panic rising. Get to the door. Thankfully no queue. Get the prescriptions in a few seconds. Quickly walk home, binning off the plan of getting some milk on the way back, stomach playing up, get home, rush to loo.

This isn't a life. I've had enough.

Edited by Chindie
  • Sad 3
  • Shocked 1

20 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Santa Monica CA

As Stevo said, the place is lovely. Very different from the rest of LA. I've been fortunate to spend a fair bit of time there and have some friends living there.

It's spacious, and down to earth. not so much of the BS you might see elsewhere across the country. Even when the place is busy it never feels crowded. Last time I was there I saw a band of pensioners (must've been about 20-30 of em) sat on the steps to the beach playing ukuleles. It was class.

For the type of music you love, it'll make everything make sense. Seeing what influenced the Wilsons, how it's still like that today - I think it'll be great for you.

Ubers are fine, they're everywhere there. Just like food and attractive women.

I get the pre-holiday slump, but once you're out there I bet you won't wanna come back.

Are you flying into LA or Orange County? If it's the latter there's a huge statue of John Wayne out the front. Standing there looking like he's shit himself 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

Had to go get my prescriptions. The pharmacy is visible from my house. Halfway there started to panic. Kept going. Panic rising. Get to the door. Thankfully no queue. Get the prescriptions in a few seconds. Quickly walk home, binning off the plan of getting some milk on the way back, stomach playing up, get home, rush to loo.

This isn't a life. I've had enough.

Wish I knew what to say to you mate. I know you've tried so many different avenues to get beyond this and I really hope you can find the right one soon.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

As Stevo said, the place is lovely. Very different from the rest of LA. I've been fortunate to spend a fair bit of time there and have some friends living there.

It's spacious, and down to earth. not so much of the BS you might see elsewhere across the country. Even when the place is busy it never feels crowded. Last time I was there I saw a band of pensioners (must've been about 20-30 of em) sat on the steps to the beach playing ukuleles. It was class.

For the type of music you love, it'll make everything make sense. Seeing what influenced the Wilsons, how it's still like that today - I think it'll be great for you.

Ubers are fine, they're everywhere there. Just like food and attractive women.

I get the pre-holiday slump, but once you're out there I bet you won't wanna come back.

Are you flying into LA or Orange County? If it's the latter there's a huge statue of John Wayne out the front. Standing there looking like he's shit himself 😂

LAX for us then Uber to our Airbnb just a couple of blocks from Santa Monica pier.

• Like 1

Can I just say I understand my problems are rather minuscule compared to some other members of the site but didn’t think any other thread was suitable.

• Like 2

Â