What is your experience of mental health?

AstonMartyn88

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Is there evidence thiugh that he was being groomed?

I didnt realise you cant be friends with someone under the age of 15 then when he is 20 (legal age) develop feelings for that person?

I of course feel IF that he he was groomed (which i haven't seen him say or seen any evidence) then of course thats wrong.

I think and its just my opinion, its being blown out if proportion. You would think the guys jimmy Saville.

I agree. His careers in tatters that alone could drive him to suicide then if that were to happen we will get all the bollocks be kind for around 6 months then move onto the next person to destroy. 

Well, he's lied again and again, so I guess it depends how much you believe of his claims that things only began when they were 20.

I did edit my post while you were replying, and added some further thought about the links with his brother, etc.

There's not enough stuff in the public domain to see him prosecuted but I'd not be surprised to see a criminal investigation over the coming months

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Well, he's lied again and again, so I guess it depends how much you believe of his claims that things only began when they were 20.

I did edit my post while you were replying, and added some further thought about the links with his brother, etc.

There's not enough stuff in the public domain to see him prosecuted but I'd not be surprised to see a criminal investigation over the coming months

This is the problem though  the information is quite vague to know if it was grooming or not. The lying is abit odd thiugh so that will raise suspicions.

Someone has a agenda against him clearly. Before this it was the cutting in line for queens death story, then his brother, then the feud with holly and now this in a short space of time.

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

This is the problem though  the information is quite vague to know if it was grooming or not. The lying is abit odd thiugh so that will raise suspicions.

Someone has a agenda against him clearly. Before this it was the cutting in line for queens death story, then his brother, then the feud with holly and now this in a short space of time.

I think it explains the reaction to that storm in a teacup that this was basically all over the internet and known to every tabloid journalist as far back as 2019-2020 and they just couldn't print anything about it. It was this becoming public info that lead to that bizarre incident of him getting Holly to announce his coming out on live TV

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I think it explains the reaction to that storm in a teacup that this was basically all over the internet and known to every tabloid journalist as far back as 2019-2020 and they just couldn't print anything about it. It was this becoming public info that lead to that bizarre incident of him getting Holly to announce his coming out on live TV

Agreed. 

I just think this is going to end in loss of life sadly. They havent learned anything from the caroline flack incident unfortunately 

40 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

He met the lad when he was only 15, at the kid's drama school, stayed in contact with him, and went on to directly get him a job at ITV on This Morning, so he not only met his partner when they were a child, but was a much older, famous and powerful figure in their career.

It has the perception of a combination of child grooming, as well as the power imbalance and dynamics of the MeToo/Weinstein case, which takes on even more sinister tones when it was claimed in court that his brother confessed to being a nonce and good old Phil did nothing about it.

This stuff has been an open secret for years, with allegations of an injunction, which might explain the media frenzy because they've been wanting to take this guy down for ages.

if there was any grooming going on then why are the police not combing through his DMs?

the power imbalance is  the issue here and the reason he's been sacked...but to compare to the me too/weinstein stuff is wrong. women came forward and spoke out about him...there is no injunction over this fella and he's free to speak out if he wishes and no doubt he would have if there was anything untoward

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

the power imbalance is  the issue here and the reason he's been sacked...but to compare to the me too/weinstein stuff is wrong

Maybe. Maybe not. A further can of fuel to the fire is Schofield getting him removed from This Morning when they stopped shagging. Using your influence to secure someone work when they're willing to shag you, then interfering with their career when they stop might not be criminal but it's **** perp behaviour. He's gross, he's a scumbag, time will tell if he's a criminal.

Chindie is probably right this isn't the place for it though :) 

16 minutes ago, Chindie said:

This doesn't feel like the topic for this discussion.

Seems to be its mental health - with his 'do you want me to die" line 

If thats a red flag for asking for help i dont know what is

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The original post related to Schofield's mental health and the risk he will do something stupid.   I think that's the relevant discussion.  Whether he is or isn't guilty of a crime or whether he's acted imorrally is irrelevant to this thread. 

I think he has mental health issues and could do something stupid.  I hope there is someone providing the help he needs.  I don't like the guy  I am suspicious of what he's done but he certainly does not deserve to be driven to suicide by the press. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

The original post related to Schofield's mental health and the risk he will do something stupid.   I think that's the relevant discussion.  Whether he is or isn't guilty of a crime or whether he's acted imorrally is irrelevant to this thread. 

I think he has mental health issues and could do something stupid.  I hope there is someone providing the help he needs.  I don't like the guy  I am suspicious of what he's done but he certainly does not deserve to be driven to suicide by the press. 

My thoughts too ML. At present he hasnt been commited of any crime so as far as i can see its unfair all this shite they are doing towards his mental health. 

His friends need to reach out and get him the help he needs. We need to learn from instances like this nit have more people go the way of caroline flack. Its pointless doing things like the be kind movement for 6 months then just revert back to bullying people and picking on them on their mental health

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

My thoughts too ML. At present he hasnt been commited of any crime so as far as i can see its unfair all this shite they are doing towards his mental health. 

His friends need to reach out and get him the help he needs. We need to learn from instances like this nit have more people go the way of caroline flack. Its pointless doing things like the be kind movement for 6 months then just revert back to bullying people and picking on them on their mental health

I hate to say this, but I am amazed there hasn't been an instance of a professional footballer killing themselves because of the stick they get on and off the pitch.  

40,000 of your own fans telling you that you are a piece of crap must have an impact. 

19 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

I hate to say this, but I am amazed there hasn't been an instance of a professional footballer killing themselves because of the stick they get on and off the pitch.  

Justin Fashanu. 

48 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Maybe. Maybe not. A further can of fuel to the fire is Schofield getting him removed from This Morning when they stopped shagging. Using your influence to secure someone work when they're willing to shag you, then interfering with their career when they stop might not be criminal but it's **** perp behaviour. He's gross, he's a scumbag, time will tell if he's a criminal.

but is this fact? or just crap doing the rounds on the daily fail and/or twitter? (genuine question, i've not really been following the story)

this is the stuff that pushes people to harm themself...if he had committed a crime i'm sure he would own it and do his time. i can only imagine what having false claims made against someone would do to one's mental health though

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I didnt realise you cant be friends with someone under the age of 15

If my 14 year old son or daughter had a male "friend" who was 40, I'd have some serious questions to be answered.

That said, as far as Schofield is concerned, if nothing sexual happened until the boy became a young man, it should be a private matter, and everyone involved should be left alone.

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

but is this fact? or just crap doing the rounds on the daily fail and/or twitter? (genuine question, i've not really been following the story)

this is the stuff that pushes people to harm themself...if he had committed a crime i'm sure he would own it and do his time. i can only imagine what having false claims made against someone would do to one's mental health though

Exactly. Lets say hypothetically he is innocent and done nothing yet his name is being dragged through the mud.  Its enough to push anyone over the edge 

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

If my 14 year old son or daughter had a male "friend" who was 40, I'd have some serious questions to be answered.

That said, as far as Schofield is concerned, if nothing sexual happened until the boy became a young man, it should be a private matter, and everyone involved should be left alone.

What happens if your son or daughter is abit of a loner though and meets someone completely innocent who helps them turn their life over?

I dont think the age is important its what happens in that relationship whether it enters the realm of predators 

2 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

40,000 of your own fans telling you that you are a piece of crap must have an impact. 

Gary speed did. Its a good point though the same applies on most famous people.  Insta twitter facebook etc the bullying and trolling its unreal.

If i was ever famous i wouldnt have any social media for that reason (or just turn comments off) 

I think the way things are going we might see more of this because the relevant bodies are not helping people 

• Like 1

Â