Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Zog will be sold first attempt. Faulkner said directly to one of my mates, Lambert has no time for him, he's not interested in Villa unless he's involved. Hasn't turned up to awards and even charity stuff he was supposed to. If he wasn't injured, he'd be gone.

Spending what you can't afford just to please the fans is an incredibly dangerous road to take.

As is believing a club with an expected near 100m income vs 40-45m wage bill, and a regular 35k plus home attendance can't afford to buy anyone.

In fact you'd have to be **** barmy to believe we can't. We CAN, we just have an owner that doesn't WANT to. Major difference to not being able to financially

Randy doesn't give two shits about anything other than staying afloat in the PL and he's happy to take a gamble with that. Plain and simple. And it's us that suffer from his constant bad decisions.

But please no more of this we can't afford it bullshit.

• Like 1

"One bad apple don't make a whole bunch, girl." 

The business aspect of this is easy as "ABC." 

But the transfer deadline is a pure "Thriller." 

I wish Hutton would just "Beat it." 

If PL can hijack the Ince move, would he be a "smooth criminal."

I fear that if we don't strengthen the midfield it could be "Dangerous"

There, I decided to punish the apple discussion, but trying to start a stream Michael Jackson reference nonsense.... that'll show em.  I decided to "start with the man in the mirror."

I don't know why anyone is surprised about how we've done our business this transfer window. What part of the last few years has left people with the impression that we're in the market for exciting signings?

• Like 2

Right lets play a game.

I am Randy Lerner. I have invested £200m+ into Aston Villa. I've paid off 3 managers in 3 seasons, and now (I think) have the manager that suits my agenda. After a horrorshow last season my club is now comfortably sat 10th in the league.

Explain to me why I should invest more money into Aston Villa today.

Well firstly I don't think your past **** ups are relevant reasons as to not to spend now. Also as 'the plan' is to spend what we can afford, we could build on our 10th place, finish higher up in the league and secure more TV revenue. With a world cup coming up in the summer we could find an increase in fees and wage demands of some of our targets and finally it gives players a chance to bed in and allows the team to have a better chance of starting stronger next season.

Of course his past **** ups are relevant! It's not a **** game, it's real money that he has spent. That's money down the drain that he has lost, whether that's his own fault or not is a whole other matter.

So we fans should suffer because the owner made mistakes. Forgive me for not worrying that a billionaire might lose some money.

No but it's never the less a fact. I'm not making excuses for him just pointing out the truth.

I don't know why anyone is surprised about how we've done our business this transfer window. What part of the last few years has left people with the impression that we're in the market for exciting signings?

Doesn't that depend on what you find exciting? :)

Doesn't that depend on what you find exciting? :)

True, ok expensive then.

whether we sign anyone or not come midnight tonight I think some people really need to take a long hard look at themselves for some of the posts in here, I mean seriously, talk about over reaction.

I agree.Those comments about Natalie Sawyer were just out of order. [/AndyGrayRichardKeys]

Spending what you can't afford just to please the fans is an incredibly dangerous road to take.

As is believing a club with an expected near 100m income vs 40-45m wage bill, and a regular 35k plus home attendance can't afford to buy anyone.

In fact you'd have to be **** barmy to believe we can't. We CAN, we just have an owner that doesn't WANT to. Major difference to not being able to financially

Randy doesn't give two shits about anything other than staying afloat in the PL and he's happy to take a gamble with that. Plain and simple. And it's us that suffer from his constant bad decisions.

But please no more of this we can't afford it bullshit.

Obviously never run a business (or even had a credit card by the sounds of it).

Just because you can blow all your cash, doesn't mean you should.

Â