Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

The sickener in all this is that the manager has obviously being trying to make a deal happen for a creative midfielder but is getting no support. Since Lambert has been here we have been linked to Belhanda, Kiyotake, Coutinho and now we cant even make a deal happen for Hoolahan. The first 3 of them would of been amazing signings for us both on the pitch and financially.  It would be so important to our home games to have someone that can create and help us break teams down.  Lambert has been saying it now that we need this type of player and if it doesnt happen in this transfer window then I'll be seriously concerned about us being relegated.

Tom Cleverly? Jheeeze.

GTFO.

2.5 million and 25k a week Hoolahan it is then. Waste of money.

Sorry, but do you know how ineffective Cleverly actually is? I'd put him in the same class as Jamie O'Hara

Is that good or bad? If we took cleverly I'd cry myself to sleep every night. Only every other night at the moment.

• Like 1

The sickener in all this is that the manager has obviously being trying to make a deal happen for a creative midfielder but is getting no support. Since Lambert has been here we have been linked to Belhanda, Kiyotake, Coutinho and now we cant even make a deal happen for Hoolahan. The first 3 of them would of been amazing signings for us both on the pitch and financially.  It would be so important to our home games to have someone that can create and help us break teams down.  Lambert has been saying it now that we need this type of player and if it doesnt happen in this transfer window then I'll be seriously concerned about us being relegated.

Or perhaps the manager knowing his budget for both transfers and wages decided to waste £7M on a striker when there was a clear need for more creativity.

Or perhaps the manager knowing his budget for both transfers and wages decided to waste £7M on a striker when there was a clear need for more creativity.

Strikers that would accept 20k per week yes and it was 7m Euro.

The sickener in all this is that the manager has obviously being trying to make a deal happen for a creative midfielder but is getting no support. Since Lambert has been here we have been linked to Belhanda, Kiyotake, Coutinho and now we cant even make a deal happen for Hoolahan. The first 3 of them would of been amazing signings for us both on the pitch and financially. It would be so important to our home games to have someone that can create and help us break teams down. Lambert has been saying it now that we need this type of player and if it doesnt happen in this transfer window then I'll be seriously concerned about us being relegated.

Oh, my bad, so it wasn't a waste at all then ? Edited by dukes

The sickener in all this is that the manager has obviously being trying to make a deal happen for a creative midfielder but is getting no support. Since Lambert has been here we have been linked to Belhanda, Kiyotake, Coutinho and now we cant even make a deal happen for Hoolahan. The first 3 of them would of been amazing signings for us both on the pitch and financially. It would be so important to our home games to have someone that can create and help us break teams down. Lambert has been saying it now that we need this type of player and if it doesnt happen in this transfer window then I'll be seriously concerned about us being relegated.

Oh, my bad, so it wasn't a waste at all then ?

Eh no, he has scored important goals and adapted really quick to the league so it was actually a really good signing.

Even though we need another two decent full-backs, whatever minor funds we have should be spent on a number 10, centre-back on loan and possibly a DM or winger. Apparently we couldn't even afford Wells from Bradford, if that is true we are going to be playing Brighton next season in the Championship, least its a decent day-out  <_<

I'm sorry but where have you heard we couldn't afford Wells?

From my mate who works in a chip shop where PF goes to ;) Embarrassing from Villa.

Can you ask your mate what PF ordered? 

Was it (red) herring and chips?

• Like 1

People are talking like €7m is this massive amount of money to spend on a signing. Anichebe cost about that much, maybe a little more (and most likely more in wages). Our views on signings have been skewed by the fact that Lambert has had such little money to build a side with.

• Like 3

Tom Cleverly? Jheeeze.

GTFO.

2.5 million and 25k a week Hoolahan it is then. Waste of money.
 Sorry, but do you know how ineffective Cleverly actually is? I'd put him in the same class as Jamie O'Hara

Is that good or bad? If we took cleverly I'd cry myself to sleep every night. Only every other night at the moment.

If that's true Anty- I don't want him.
  • Like 1

Well there seems to be a few different opinions.

One guy says he is shit and worse than Delph, another thinks people are idiots for suggesting such players.

I read an article where it was suggested they should sell Cleverly. Therefore the suggestion.

Those are not neccessarily contradictory statements though are they - Cleverly would be minimum £8-£10m so about £7m-£9m over our budget!

Basically there is no chance at all of us signing him, no chance of him choosing to come to us, and no chance of MU selling him this January - so overall not a very good suggestion

People are talking like €7m is this massive amount of money to spend on a signing. Anichebe cost about that much, maybe a little more (and most likely more in wages). Our views on signings have been skewed by the fact that Lambert has had such little money to build a side with.

It is a massive amount of money for clubs like us.

In my opinion Kozak wasn't needed, yes it's great that he's scored a few goals, but let's not get carried away, he's hardly set the PL on fire, and the money could gave gone towards an AM , for example, the Tonev and Kozak money and wages might well gave hot us Kiyotake or someone who could actually make a difference week in week out.

Â