Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Why exactly are people getting excited about the signing of Kiyotake? A brief bit of web based research doesn't really throw up much to get knickers in a twist about?

Me personally. Hes not a world beater but he would add so much to our side. His set pieces are amazingly good and consistent. He has great vision and can spray the ball around. Good control and composure. Pretty much everything we lack from all our midfielders. Would just add so much to our side. His tenacity and work rate is awesome as well. Hes not going to score 15 goals and set up 10. But he will keep our side ticking and most likely lead the assists column.

That in itself is good enough reason for me.

4 assists & 2 goals in 24 games so far this season (incidentally the same as Peter Whittingham).

Before he was collared, HairyHands alluded to us signing a player who would give the club a lift etc. If I remember correctly, he hinted that this was a player that had already been at the club/had some connection with the club.

For me there can be only one.

Step forward, Meltdown Man: James Milner.

• Like 1

Before he was collared, HairyHands alluded to us signing a player who would give the club a lift etc. If I remember correctly, he hinted that this was a player that had already been at the club/had some connection with the club.

Someone on this thread said Lerner is a big Milner fan and wants him back. I was hoping Pellegrini wouldn't rate him but it seems he does and you can add that to all the other reasons this won't happen (in January, at least).

I think people are misunderstanding what he said. Didn't he say something along the lines of "you know who he is"? As in he is well known?

Anyway if people are hoping for Milner then there is no wonder expectations are never being met at Aston Villa.

• Like 4

I think people are misunderstanding what he said. Didn't he say something along the lines of "you know who he is"? As in he is well known?

Anyway if people are hoping for Milner then there is no wonder expectations are never being met at Aston Villa.

I think he said it's someone who has played for us before. Apart from milner who would we want back that has played for us in the last few yrs??

Maloney?

I think he said it's someone who has played for us before. Apart from milner who would we want back that has played for us in the last few yrs??

He did not. He said it was a player we would all know and like.

That player was to be Lescott.

We all like Lescott?

hmmmm I guess the quotes have been deleted now hey? would love it either way to be honest.

Edited by villan_007

Zut alors. 

You are probably right. My contribution was said with a certain amount of tongue in cheek. Just trying to inject a little excitement into proceedings. 

Ah well, back to the barrel scraping.

Milner is an interesting one. We all know that Milner loved playing for England, and whilst he's in good form Man City, does he play enough to warrant a place in the England first 11 for the world cup? Im not so sure he does. So maybe he himself would be open to a loan move to play first team football. All just pure speculation of course, and I can't see it happening, but i could understand why milner may want a move in a world cup year.

That said villa would be the last place he'd join seeing as Woy never watches us.

Milner is an interesting one. We all know that Milner loved playing for England, and whilst he's in good form Man City, does he play enough to warrant a place in the England first 11 for the world cup? Im not so sure he does. So maybe he himself would be open to a loan move to play first team football. All just pure speculation of course, and I can't see it happening, but i could understand why milner may want a move in a world cup year.

That said villa would be the last place he'd join seeing as Woy never watches us.

Exactly - no point Milner coming here on loan to further his England career as he would fall victim to Hodgson's "no Villa players" policy.

• Like 1

I find it strange that Lambert would be stupid enough to think Norwich would sell Hoolahan, considering the nature of his managerial exit there and the impending tribunal for Steer. Both things pretty much destroyed any hope of going back to his old club for any further players.

Every loan player we have been linked to we know would be on ridiculous wages, none of the big clubs will subsidise wages anymore and do other clubs favours - and can you blame them? Those sort of transfers usually happen on deadline day when those clubs have brought in better/preferred players.

If we are pissing in the wind with budget signings from lower leagues - then nothing is going to change.

Yeah i cant see us having money. If we did. We wouldnt be after Hoolahan

Why not?

Lets just say we have the money and have identified targets.  Just because one of them cost £1M or so,  does not mean that others would not require more funds

That's a ridiculous argument kSV

Â