Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

FFS if we end up signing anyone from League One I'm going to be **** livid. Defour is a deep lying playmaker whilst WH is a right out number 10, so PL could sign them both and field a team like this: Guzan, Bacuna, Vlaar, Okore (when fit) Clark, Defour, Delph, Gabby, WH, Albrighton and Benteke, 4-2-3-1.

Edited by Avflife
  • Like 1

FFS if we end up signing anyone from League Two I'm going to be **** livid. Defour is a deep lying playmaker whilst WH is a right out number 10, so PL could sign them both and field a team like this. Guzan, Bacuna, Vlaar, Okore (when fit) Clark, Defour, Delph, Gabby, WH, Albrighton and Benteke.

Can't wait for the next young tryhard to come and pretend he's a premier league player

FFS if we end up signing anyone from League Two I'm going to be **** livid. Defour is a deep lying playmaker whilst WH is a right out number 10, so PL could sign them both and field a team like this: Guzan, Bacuna, Vlaar, Okore (when fit) Clark, Defour, Delph, Gabby, WH, Albrighton and Benteke, 4-2-3-1.

Thankfully Lambert has suggested he'd be played as a No. 10 if signed. I'd hate to see Defour played in the deeper role in this league, lightweight and can't defend like that other 'deep-lying playmaker' we have.

• Like 2

I have no idea if Defour will flop if signed as I haven't seen him play for the last couple of years but he was certainly good before that when I have seen him.

What I will say is the club has an opportunity to do some early business now that we don't play Arsenal for a week so hopefully they will get something done before that game whoever they want to sign.

Also as a side note as we haven't really been dealing in buying 5m plus players for sometime now it's hard to judge who we should be after as fans but it isn't hard to judge where we need players to be signed. IMO all players signed from now on should be players who are supposed to be better than what we have in that given position as when all our players are fit we have pretty good cover for the standard of player we now have at the club.

• Like 1

Can you imagine we got defour in and he completely flopped!

Typical Villa luck. -_-

Not really.

He broke his leg and hasn't been the same player since. He rarley gets a game for porto - We would be gambling on him finding his form of 4-5 years ago....

FFS if we end up signing anyone from League Two I'm going to be **** livid. Defour is a deep lying playmaker whilst WH is a right out number 10, so PL could sign them both and field a team like this: Guzan, Bacuna, Vlaar, Okore (when fit) Clark, Defour, Delph, Gabby, WH, Albrighton and Benteke, 4-2-3-1.

I would rather have Lowton & Luna at full-back, than Bacuna & Clark.

FFS if we end up signing anyone from League Two I'm going to be **** livid. Defour is a deep lying playmaker whilst WH is a right out number 10, so PL could sign them both and field a team like this. Guzan, Bacuna, Vlaar, Okore (when fit) Clark, Defour, Delph, Gabby, WH, Albrighton and Benteke.

Can't wait for the next young tryhard to come and pretend he's a premier league player

Yeah you're right, we certainly shouldn't sign young players, ones from lower leagues or ones that try hard. Lets get Ireland back from his loan instead, that'll solve all of our problems. 

• Like 1

we should only be looking at players who are worth a first team start in the second half of the season... our squad is full of players that may or may not be relevant in the future, but when i look at our bench on matchday, i don't see many players who i think will improve the 11 on the pitch... (helenius perhaps, excepted, although he is, as yet, relatively unproven in the PL)...

i do think we need another CB that is going to be solid and not make stupid mistakes to partner / back up vlaar - the stats when he's not playing speak for themselves...

Yeah you're right, we certainly shouldn't sign young players, ones from lower leagues or ones that try hard. Lets get Ireland back from his loan instead, that'll solve all of our problems. 

So you think someone from League One is the answer to staying in the Premier League for another season #deluded

Edited by Avflife

We preferably need two new fullbacks, Lowton is slow as shit so anyone with any kind of pace will get past him with ease and Luna is worst than Joe Bennett, thought I'd never say that but he is, last decent left-back at VP was Wilfred Bouma. 

Hard to imagine how a young player could fail with this kind of support!!!! FFS

So you think someone from League One is the answer to staying in the Premier League for another season #deluded

As usual you've spectacularly missed the point

Professional journalist my arse

As usual you've spectacularly missed the point

Professional journalist my arse

Nice personal dig there, brings back memories of the playground. So what is your point??

Lamberts in a sticky situation at the moment. If he signs someone from the lower leagues as a first teamer, that player will have to be quality cause us fans will give him no time to prove his worth. We need someone in firing from the off. IM thinking Lambert knows this!

We preferably need two new fullbacks, Lowton is slow as shit so anyone with any kind of pace will get past him with ease and Luna is worst than Joe Bennett, thought I'd never say that but he is, last decent left-back at VP was Wilfred Bouma.

I completely disagree. Lowton was the messiah last season, so if he gets back to that form, he'd be a damn sight better than Bacuna, who's worst attribute seems to be his defending.

As for Luna, he was decent earlier in the season, and we missed him when he was out. He's had two or three bad games (as have the whole team) and now people are calling for Bennett.

People have short memories, Bennett was absolutely dreadful last season. He's NOT better than Luna.

Lamberts in a sticky situation at the moment. If he signs someone from the lower leagues as a first teamer, that player will have to be quality cause us fans will give him no time to prove his worth. We need someone in firing from the off. IM thinking Lambert knows this!

Too right he knows it. And I reckon its about time he grew some and told Lerner and his lapdog the bare facts......if we want to stay in the game, short arms and deep pockets is'nt going to keep us there.

Â